Spring G2G - New Date!

nc42acc

Re: Spring G2G - New Date!
« Reply #40 on: 4 Apr 2018, 01:43 pm »
Rich hopefully this date will work for me. As usual I have several DACs I can bring. I also have the Schiit Freya preamp that is interesting and a few Class D amps.

Stercom

« Reply #41 on: 4 Apr 2018, 03:42 pm »
I'm in. I'll bring some Akiko Audio products we can mess around with. Rich can you PM your address and starting time? Thanks, Scott

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #42 on: 4 Apr 2018, 05:32 pm »
I'm in. I'll bring some Akiko Audio products we can mess around with. Rich can you PM your address and starting time? Thanks, Scott

Awesome! The more the merrier. I’m all about the social experience!

Best,
Anand.

richidoo

« Reply #43 on: 5 Apr 2018, 02:27 am »
Rich hopefully this date will work for me. As usual I have several DACs I can bring. I also have the Schiit Freya preamp that is interesting and a few Class D amps.

Great! Hope you can make it Marty! DACdaddy in da HOUSE!!  :thumb:

Scott: PM sent with address. We start at 1PM.
The Akiko stuff looks cool!

richidoo

« Reply #44 on: 6 Apr 2018, 04:51 pm »
Please bring your upgrade USB cables. I would like to compare some good ones to my consumer grade cable. Thank you!

nickgregory

« Reply #45 on: 8 Apr 2018, 12:34 pm »
Rich,

New to the group (not sure how I missed the Carolina audiophiles page) but in Raleigh and may be interested in attending if you have a spot open?  I would be happy to bring my Schitt Yggy DAC for folks to give a listen to.

Let me know if there is space at the inn, and I will see if I can clear it with the captain.

richidoo

« Reply #46 on: 8 Apr 2018, 01:52 pm »
Nick, you are welcome to attend.

PM sent

Scott L

« Reply #47 on: 9 Apr 2018, 11:32 pm »
Please forgive, but, what does G2G stand for ?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #48 on: 9 Apr 2018, 11:41 pm »
Please forgive, but, what does G2G stand for ?
Get together.

Scott L

« Reply #49 on: 9 Apr 2018, 11:51 pm »
ahh, makes sense !   Is there an official start time ? There are a couple of us left over DBH (Dixie Bottle-heads) that are considering joining your event .

richidoo

« Reply #50 on: 10 Apr 2018, 12:41 am »
1PM

What is a Dixie Bottlehead?  :scratch:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #51 on: 10 Apr 2018, 01:35 am »
1PM

They looks like normal audiophiles:
"It's a rebellion against the idea that you can't design a piece of gear unless you have an engineering degree," amp builder Jim Dowdy says. Dowdy is a member of a loose group of perfectionist audiophile tube-amp builders called the Dixie Bottleheads, a crew that designs and builds components around vintage vacuum tubes.

The Bottleheads use tubes not only for their lush, ­resonant tone, but also because they're rewarding to work with—small changes can yield big sonic benefits. Builders hunt for rarities, plundering midcentury war-surplus electronics for a windfall of otherwise-unobtainable vintage tubes.

To measure the changes wrought by a new transformer, the Bottleheads use a fail-proof test: listening. "A particular amp might have gone through eight iterations, so we just get a dozen people together and decide which is better," Dowdy says. "You have to listen with an open mind. And open ears."

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #52 on: 10 Apr 2018, 01:39 am »
1PM

Indeed, Dixie Bottlehead is all about Jim Dowdy and extreme tube diy hifi. Not afraid of uber high voltages and large Class A triodes.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/17921-dixie-bottlehead-bbq-knoxville-sunday.html

Last I remember the Dowdy Lama used to live in Hendersonville, south of Asheville where my mother in law resides.

See Part 3 here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to/gmp557/diy-underground-americas-hidden-communities-of-craftsmen/

Best,
Anand.

richidoo

« Reply #53 on: 10 Apr 2018, 12:34 pm »
Very cool!  8)   Dixie Bottleheads welcome! I will PM address.

We're at full capacity now.

TomS

« Reply #54 on: 10 Apr 2018, 01:02 pm »
Very cool!  8)   Dixie Bottleheads welcome! I will PM address.

We're at full capacity now.
Should be a fun time, see you Saturday  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #55 on: 10 Apr 2018, 09:51 pm »
Seems like a pleasant cultural meeting, I will be with you guys in spirit :thumb:

nickgregory

« Reply #56 on: 11 Apr 2018, 06:02 pm »
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend as I have kid duty that day.  Hope to make the next one.  Have fun!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: 11 Apr 2018, 10:42 pm »
Rather than post these in the classified section I thought I'd post them here as I'll be at this even this weekend. 

I have these and they need a home.  I'll bring them if you're serious.  How much?  I don't know.  How's that?  If it's Rich, they're already paid for!  The key is that you use them and don't sell them or throw them away.  They make GREAT equipment platforms as they add mass. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #58 on: 11 Apr 2018, 10:50 pm »
This is acrylic or what?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: 11 Apr 2018, 10:53 pm »
This is acrylic or what?
Granite!