Downton Abbey - A New Era (2022)

WGH

Downton Abbey - A New Era (2022)
« on: 12 Jun 2022, 08:14 pm »

I was 12 years old in 1960, when I got home from school my Mom would turn on the TV for the afternoon movie while she prepared dinner (it had to be ready promptly at 5:30 pm).
We watched all the movie reruns from the 30's, 40's and 50's, which were all new to me. Most of the films of that era had an innocence about them.

Downton Abbey - A New Era reminded me of those films, kind of like Brigadoon but without the singing and dancing. All smiles, swirling dresses and clever dialog. This was my very first Downton Abbey experience and I wasn't disappointed or surprised. The big reunion of all the cast members for a long goodby will please every DA fan. My friend Kat is a big DA fan and has watched every show and film since the beginning. She loved every minute of the film and is already planning to invite other people over so she can watch it again and again.

I enjoyed it in a 12 year old kind of way, thinking "Wow, they do still make movies like they used to."

97% Audience Score on RT
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/downton_abbey_a_new_era

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AllanS

Re: Downton Abbey - A New Era (2022)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2022, 10:13 pm »
I was aware of the series only because a fair amount of the little time spend watching TV is tuned into PBS.  I LOVED both recent movies.  They are so well done and such a welcome change from the never ending - but completely enjoyable - variations of the same themes.