Speakers for NuPrime IDA-16?

rustydoglim

Re: Speakers for NuPrime IDA-16?
« Reply #60 on: 20 Feb 2016, 08:13 pm »
 :duh:

bh46118

« Reply #61 on: 20 Feb 2016, 08:22 pm »
They used to be the Era D5, designed by Michael Kelley of Aerial Acoustics. They supposedly have a warm but detailed presentation with unbelievable bass for their size.

The Peachtree D5 is a speaker.

mervinpearce

« Reply #62 on: 21 Feb 2016, 02:53 pm »
Final comment here as I have tried a few speakers on the IDA-16 and I can say, depending on your listening choice. Every speaker is sounding better to me on the IDA-16 compared to my previous SS I was using.  This includes the Emotiva XDA-2 and the Bryston 4B NRB.  I must admit the first image with the Vivid Audio V1.5 and the 2 x B&W PV1 really was a killer combo.  Many of the arrangements on not final settings to many wires lying around.
Speaker cables tried includes Nordost Heimdall, Barax and Audioquest.

What I a saying is, if you enjoy an brand and you have a speaker.  Just add the IDA-16 magic and it will put new life into your current speaker.  Change one component at a time, if you can.

« Reply #63 on: 26 Feb 2016, 04:40 pm »
My new speakers arrived today  :D

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #64 on: 26 Feb 2016, 05:02 pm »
Thanks for reporting back.  Please do let us know how they sound after break-in.

mr_bill

« Reply #65 on: 26 Feb 2016, 06:09 pm »
My new speakers arrived today  :D

What are the speakers in your picture?

« Reply #66 on: 26 Feb 2016, 06:20 pm »
What are the speakers in your picture?

My new speakers is Dynaudio Focus 160, my old is Definitive Technology Mythos four (floor standing speakers)

http://www.dynaudio.com/discontinued-models/focus-100-200/focus-160/
http://www.definitivetech.com/products/mythos-four

bh46118

« Reply #67 on: 14 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm »

I'm currently using the ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 with my IDA-16, this is a very impressive speaker for the money and matches up very nicely with the 16. If you have the space I would talk to John Casler at Summit Audio Video about the new e-voke speaker line, if not, John is an ELAC dealer as well and can set you up with the Uni-Fi , and also NuPrime electronics.                                            Sorry for the bad picture.

John Casler

« Reply #68 on: 15 Jul 2016, 03:08 am »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the mention.

Yes, the ELAC and EVOKE are both excellent choices at their respective price points.

I just ordered a pair of UF-5 and UB-5 today for demos. 

I also have the EVOKE Eddies already in the demo system and they are excellent (just as at the SHOW)

Also I recommend if you can, to rig up a BASS RAMP for your UF-5's.

Don't want to get off topic regarding the IDA-16, so if you are curious PM me, or just call.

« Reply #69 on: 30 Oct 2016, 03:33 pm »
Have now had my Nuprime Ida-16 for almost 8 months. The speakers that I bought - Dynaudio Focus 160 have worked very well in my setup. I keep being surprise at how clear and fine sound this amplifiers gives. Very pleased with the purchase.

I'm now listen to the norwegian artist Ingvild Koksvik and her album Og sangen fra havet (Tidal hi-fi) Great sound.  :)

davidavdavid

• Music lover first, gear head second.
    • david.com
« Reply #70 on: 30 Oct 2016, 04:52 pm »
very happy for you that you've managed to pair your NuPrime IDA-16 with the Dynaudio Focus 160. Having spent the last four years living in Europe (London), as an American hi-fi enthusiast, I know all to well the brands on both sides of the pond and the VARIANCES of both cost and availability.

There are quite a few speaker brands which make it to select dealers around the country. Having lived in NYC most of my life  and then London and now Columbus, OH, in the midwest, I know all too well the challenges of listening/seeing/evaluating a wide range of gear.

I will now HAVE to go to audio shows, like AXPONA in Chicago to listen and evaluate new gear on the market.