Name that speaker

Mudslide

Re: Name that speaker
« Reply #140 on: 8 Jul 2007, 04:35 am »
Still no decision, Jim?  Ohhhkay...you get one more offering, lol.  Howzabout....

"Acuity" (the resolution of fine detail!!)   :)

The Salk Veracity and Salk Acuity have sort of a natural harmony.  Yes?!  (Don't get me started on your next project...the Salk Harmony.   :D)

jsalk

« Reply #141 on: 8 Jul 2007, 06:11 pm »
Still no decision, Jim?  Ohhhkay...you get one more offering, lol.  Howzabout....

"Acuity" (the resolution of fine detail!!)   :)

The Salk Veracity and Salk Acuity have sort of a natural harmony.  Yes?!  (Don't get me started on your next project...the Salk Harmony.   :D)

Well, we actually have tentatively selected a name.  And we are in the process of finalizing details as to cabinet finishes that will be available.  But since we are still a week or so away from doing that, we thought we'd take the extra time to re-visit all the names suggested just to make sure we still liked our choice.  Stay tuned for an annoucement of the name, availability and finishes.  Coming very soon...

- Jim

TomW16

« Reply #142 on: 18 Jul 2007, 10:46 pm »
Hmmm, nobody has contacted me yet.  I'll just have to look pleased for the "winner"  :lol:

jsalk

And the name is...
« Reply #143 on: 21 Jul 2007, 04:33 pm »
Well, the dust has settled, the first production pair went out the door this past week and we're ready to launch the first speaker in this new line.  So it is time to unveil the new name...

In case you are wondering, the "QWT" stands for "quarter wave tube,"  the type of transmission line cabinet design used in this model.

SongTower was the first name submitted (thanks, db Cooper) and I thought it had a nice feel.  Dennis was not wild about it at the time.  But we started internally referring to the design as the SongTower.  After a while, it just seemed to fit and Dennis warmed to it as well.  And as other great names were suggested, we seemed to keep coming back to SongTower.  Soon, it just seemed right to us.

We then talked about an obvious problem with the name.  The word "tower" just didn't work with other speakers that would eventually be part of the series.  Then, these names emerged...

(in the works right now)

(design complete but not yet in production)

(in the development stage)

All part of the...

Of course, there were many, many more great names submitted and we really appreciate all the input offered.  Even though these names were not eventually selected (and many of them would have worked just fine), we want you to know we appreciate the time and effort you put into brainstorming.

So we want to offer everyone who submitted a name, a new SongTower t-shirt (something like this)...

If you provided input in this thread in the form of a name suggestion (and only if), PM me with your name, address and shirt size.  We'll have a t-shirt made up for you as our way of saying "Thanks" for your thoughtful name suggestions.

And stay tuned for our next naming thread coming soon...

- Jim

TomW16

« Reply #144 on: 21 Jul 2007, 10:30 pm »
Wow!  Although my name wasn't selected, I feel like a winner!  Thanks for the T-Shirt Jim!

Tom

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #145 on: 23 Sep 2007, 09:37 pm »
Thanks for the beautifully embroidered T-shirt Jim. It WAS worth the wait!  :green:

hmen

« Reply #146 on: 23 Sep 2007, 10:14 pm »
The Salk Jonas ... it will cure what ails yeah.  :lol:

The VAXINATOR   :rock: :rock: :rock:

TomW16

« Reply #147 on: 2 Oct 2007, 04:32 am »
I have received my Salk shirt and am proud to sport it.  Thanks Jim!  Here I am doing my best imitation (the sincerest form of flattery) of Lone Wolf.  The speakers are custom Dennis Murphy speakers.  Much of my inspiration was derived from surfing Jim's threads here and looking at speaker pictures.  Thanks again Jim!

Tom