55 stalled

oldtimer

• God gave us ears to Listen
55 stalled
« on: 27 Oct 2003, 05:51 am »
hi folks, I,m new to this. Looking for help from someone near newcastle oz. I got a 55kit over a year ago and simply cannot find the time to finish it :cry: Also i doubt my skills in this field. I am however a wiz with wood if someone would like to exchange work

Malcolm Fear

55 stalled
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2003, 06:27 am »
Build me a house, I'll put your AKSA together.

PJ

55 stalled
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2003, 09:48 am »
Could have soldered a resistor in the time it took to write that message  :D

AKSA

55 stalled
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2003, 10:26 am »
Oldtimer,

Visit a local TAFE colllege, and ask around for an electronics hobbyist student.  Ask to see some of his work.  If it's acceptable, pay him a few bucks to put it together, and ensure he only gets paid if it all works.

Cheers,

Hugh

Greg Erskine

55 stalled
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2003, 12:07 pm »
How far have you got?

It took me nearly a year to build my first amp, which happened to be an AKSA 55, so it sounds like you are on schedule to me.

I remember one morning I got up at 5:30 to work on my TLP before going work. Just get it done, your life won't be the same.

I live near Hornsby and can do the stuffing of the boards, if that's a help. BTW, all my amps have worked so far and I have a high opinion of my work if that counts. :)

fred

55 stalled
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2003, 03:37 pm »
Oldtimer - I agree with Greg.  Devote 10 minutes a day, enough time to solder in a few components, and before long you'll be finished.  The key is to allocate a workspace where you can keep the parts and and tools out, and ready to be tackled.