Digitech isolation footers

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Digitech isolation footers
« on: 21 Jan 2019, 06:57 pm »

I purchased these Digitech footers from SupplyHouse.com.  They are nearly identical to footers I read a review on that sell for $99 each...these were $3.48.  I added the 1/4” sorbothane discs to give additional isolation.  I have 8 of them under my MC601 monoblocks and they actually do seem to tighten the bass and even broaden the soundstage (insert flowery journalistic prose here 😎)...but seriously guys this combination of the footers and the sorbothane are the real deal and we’re talking peanuts!

SFDude

Re: Digitech isolation footers
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2019, 07:36 pm »
Ordered some myself. Thanks for the tip.

I've wondered whether the materials in the AV Roomservice EVPs made a significant difference over the cork/rubber combinations in the much more economical versions you pointed out. http://avroomservice.com/evp-2/ for reference.

The price difference is just too much to not try the Diversitech isolation footers.

-dave

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2019, 08:00 pm »
..I copied the following from the Digitech site.  Their iso footers are designed for mechanical devices not so much audio but read the description...pretty darned impressive and I’m running them and am very pleased..

The latest generation in vibration dampening technology. The most effective vibration dampening pad available on the market. The EVA Pad was tested against other pads at four different vibration settings. In the most severe vibration extremes, the EVA Pad outperforms cork and rubber by a margin of greater than 3:1! This is due to the special composite foam center which is much more structurally sound than cork. It is not affected by oils or chemicals that can break down cork and is much more effective at vibration dampening than solid rubber. All this at a very competitive price. Designed to withstand 50 psi.

MttBsh

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2019, 08:34 pm »
I bought a box (it seems to me of about 50) of these footers last summer for peanuts and put them under DAC, amps, speakers, subs, pretty much everything in my system. They made a very noticeable improvement in tightening/focusing the sound while opening up the soundstage. Easily one of the best bang for the buck tweaks I've made in many years in this hobby.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2019, 08:55 pm »

Sorry to say but I can't find these things at supply house or any other site.
      Where should I look for them?

Charlie

Delacroix

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2019, 09:41 pm »
I bought a box of those last year (branded as Wagner, branch of Diversitech on the side but the same color and size as the pics from Tom's links) for a pittance. Had to leave them outside for awhile as they emitted a rather strong aroma at first. That said, I pop them under all sorts of things when I need a bit of isolation and they work fine. Now I think Aurios bearings make a more dramatic improvement in sound but when available, Aurios cost quite a lot more (and no free smell either!) but for the price, it's hard to argue with those Diversitechs.

SFDude

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2019, 10:19 pm »
Now I think Aurios bearings make a more dramatic improvement in sound but when available, Aurios cost quite a lot more (and no free smell either!) but for the price, it's hard to argue with those Diversitechs.

$100 for each Aurios device vs. $0.58 for each of these footers? That law of diminishing returns is quite high in this case!

Also, this thread should be moved into the Cheap & Cheerful circle!

-dave

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2019, 11:06 pm »
..I’ve always poo pooed the idea of isolating amps but I’m sitting here being absolutely blown away.  A serious upgrade in sonics.  I’m convinced that adding the sorbothane takes it to another level.  The ones I have are the 3”x3” and are $3.58 each.  I bought the sorbothane discs on Amazon...pkg of 8...2.5” dia, 1/4” thick.  Go for it guys you won’t be disappointed 😎

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2019, 03:23 am »
..I went with the 3x3 blocks and apparently I was wrong about the price...only $1.29...crazy