Bryston now has a BIT

Alpha10

Re: Bryston now has a BIT
« Reply #180 on: 6 Dec 2011, 08:18 pm »
Hi James,

Any idea when the BIT might be released in UK?

Cheers

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #181 on: 6 Dec 2011, 08:32 pm »
...is Bryston doing an 'overseas BIT' in general?? :roll:

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #182 on: 6 Dec 2011, 08:57 pm »
...is Bryston doing an 'overseas BIT' in general?? :roll:

al.

Hi Al,

No we have only release the BIT in North America and offer the TORUS overseas.

james

SHV

« Reply #183 on: 6 Dec 2011, 09:09 pm »
Is BIT shipping?  I called Audio Advisor a few weeks ago and the said back ordered.  Also, I don't quite understand the wiring for the BIT 20.  Is it two separate 115-120 20 amp lines for the "supply".  I have one dedicated 20 A line and another 20 A multi-outlet line in my media area, is that sufficient?  Or would a BIT 15 be a better choice?

Steve

RonCH

« Reply #184 on: 6 Dec 2011, 09:44 pm »
Hi Al,

james

Shame.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #185 on: 6 Dec 2011, 11:07 pm »
Is BIT shipping?  I called Audio Advisor a few weeks ago and the said back ordered.  Also, I don't quite understand the wiring for the BIT 20.  Is it two separate 115-120 20 amp lines for the "supply".  I have one dedicated 20 A line and another 20 A multi-outlet line in my media area, is that sufficient?  Or would a BIT 15 be a better choice?

Steve

Hi Steve

The 20 is a single power cord.

james

SHV

« Reply #186 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:46 pm »
Hi Steve

The 20 is a single power cord.

james

My error....I am unclear how the 220v 20 amp. balanced unit is powered.  Is it two separate 120v 20 amp "home runs" from the service panel? 

Steve

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #187 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:47 pm »
My error....I am unclear how the 220v 20 amp. balanced unit is powered.  Is it two separate 120v 20 amp "home runs" from the service panel? 

Steve

No it is a single 240 volt 20 amp cord and plug.

james

SHV

« Reply #188 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:58 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

BTW, my 3B SST module was returned from Bryston USA service in a nice new Bryston 3B box.  Just another thoughtful (and free) reminder that Bryston cares about its customers.

Steve

Alpha10

« Reply #189 on: 7 Dec 2011, 08:45 pm »
Hi Al,

james

Is that a never or a not yet, for a BIT in europe?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #190 on: 7 Dec 2011, 08:53 pm »
Is that a never or a not yet, for a BIT in europe?

Cheers

Just want to see if there is really any demand overseas.  It takes a lot of engineering time to develop new versions (240/230 volt, different plugs, AVR versions etc.)  so it may not be cost effective.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #191 on: 7 Dec 2011, 09:01 pm »
Just want to see if there is really any demand overseas.  It takes a lot of engineering time to develop new versions (240/230 volt, different plugs, AVR versions etc.)  so it may not be cost effective.

james

OK, I see, Thanks. I thought you were just taking the Torus and changing the faceplates, I did not realise there was engineering work going on.

I will see if we can generate some interest over here  :thumb:

Cheers

Alpha10

« Reply #192 on: 10 Dec 2011, 06:38 pm »
Hi James, this subject is being discussed over on the UK centric forum, one question being, if the units really are just a cosmetic faceplate change to the Torus, would there be a possibility of even getting a special build done, if we can get sufficient numbers?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #193 on: 10 Dec 2011, 06:42 pm »
Hi James, this subject is being discussed over on the UK centric forum, one question being, if the units really are just a cosmetic faceplate change to the Torus, would there be a possibility of even getting a special build done, if we can get sufficient numbers?

Cheers

Yes they are a cosmetic change to the Torus so we could probably do a special order for those that want.

James

Alpha10

« Reply #194 on: 10 Dec 2011, 06:46 pm »
Yes they are a cosmetic change to the Torus so we could probably do a special order for those that want.

James

That is excellent news, I will pass it on

:thumb: :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #195 on: 2 Jul 2012, 05:05 pm »
Sent: July-02-12 12:59 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: BIT 15

Hello, James.

I just wanted to let you know that I got a BIT 15 from Rick at Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins for trial and I love it! It's now a permanent part of my system. It's amazing (to me) how much quieter the system is! And can you guess where I found the most improvement? Playing l.p.s! The background is quieter and most l.p.s sound much better. I've listened to every source I have hooked up and everything sounds better: cds (played through the BDA-1, naturally), l.p.s, digital files (played with the BDP-1) and even tape!

I'm very pleased with the improvements I hear and I just wanted to let you know.

Terry
Colorado

Vipers

« Reply #196 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:07 pm »
Well at long last prices for the UK BITS have just been released for those, like me, who have been waiting patiently, I'll try and find out some more info tomorrow regarding lead times -

BIT 4 - £3,600
BIT 8 -  £5,750
BIT 16 -  £7,350

I know I've had long enough to think about it but still not sure whether to go for an 8 or 16?

Vipers

« Reply #197 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:34 pm »
For a little refresh here are the specs on the US and UK models, the UK models come under 'International' around half way down -

I can take orders now for the UK at www.hifilounge.co.uk :wink: just need to check a couple of things with PMC tomorrow :)

Alpha10

« Reply #198 on: 25 Sep 2012, 09:38 am »
Well at long last prices for the UK BITS have just been released for those, like me, who have been waiting patiently, I'll try and find out some more info tomorrow regarding lead times -

BIT 4 - £3,600
BIT 8 -  £5,750
BIT 16 -  £7,350

I know I've had long enough to think about it but still not sure whether to go for an 8 or 16?

I know it is not your fault Paul, but bloody hell I knew it would be bad, but not THAT bad....... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Lets put this into US equivalent:

BIT 4 - £3,600 = $5,844
BIT 8 -  £5,750 = $9,334
BIT 16 -  £7,350 - $11,931

I wonder how many would still purchase over the pond at those levels.

I know the story of distribution costs etc, but PMC are destroying (IMO) Bryston in the UK, which is a crying shame for such great products. It would be far cheaper for me to get a flight to Cananda and buy one over there and bring it back (including inport duty) and take a punt on the warranty...

This does not bode well for your speakers James, even though I think there were many interested over here.

Cheers

SHV

« Reply #199 on: 25 Sep 2012, 05:15 pm »
"BIT 16 -  £7,350 - $11,931"
That insane!!!  An equivalent US model is probably the BIT 20 at $3,200.  Assume distributor cost of ~$2,000 in Canada and even with VAT, etc. that is a rather large mark up.  Any idea where the money goes? 

Steve