Kismet - new fun! And comparison to Stratos Extreme +++

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Kismet - new fun! And comparison to Stratos Extreme +++
« Reply #20 on: 27 Feb 2019, 08:51 pm »

Thanks for posting, nice amp, great to pair with a tube preamp, I would not be sad with one of these in my room.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #21 on: 27 Feb 2019, 09:24 pm »
Actually more of an internal designation for myself...and I'm guilty as usual for over-sharing.

Anyway,  Kismet is black board WITH Sl caps.  + is also the off-board SL caps,  yes.  Aaron is correct.  ++ for me indicates all wiring upgrades,  while another + would be the WBT  topline connector upgrades.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2019, 01:10 am »
Actually more of an internal designation for myself...and I'm guilty as usual for over-sharing.

Anyway,  Kismet is black board WITH Sl caps.  + is also the off-board SL caps,  yes.  Aaron is correct.  ++ for me indicates all wiring upgrades,  while another + would be the WBT  topline connector upgrades.
Thanks Klaus. I’m really looking forward to these after Soundofrockets brought his by and I plugged them into my system. I know they they upgraded Caps and WBT’s, pretty sure the wiring is as well.

Have you decided if you are going to the SoCal Show this year? Contemplating attending, but details are still a bit iffy. Not much info on who is showing this year nor what the “Room Special Rates” will be for Attendees who wish to spend the night(s) there will be.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2019, 09:05 am »
YUP.   Room 314.  Larger room end of the hallway

geerock

« Reply #24 on: 1 Mar 2019, 03:23 pm »
I don't know about the + or ++ or whatever.  All I know is that I went to monoblocks that Klaus called "best I know how to build."  Huge array of SL caps, the big mama trannies, high end point to point wiring, you name it.  All stuffed into Stratos cases.  They pair up so well with a tube pre (I had Don Sachs built me his all in model with NOS tubes).  Simply stunning through a set of lightly modified Magnepan 3.7i's.  These speakers were a bitch to control and were eating lower grade amps as a snack.
I had started Klaus' monos with a couple different SS amps but just felt I was missing something.  Now, with the tube pre, and every source running through a wonderful tube DAC, its audio nirvana.  Depending on your taste, and if you can do it, you might consider trying a tube pre with the Odyssey equipment.  Klaus makes a great pre that is a good match to his amps.  Guess I just want to say I'm currently listening to the finest set up I've ever had....and I'm not a young man, and I've owned a LOT of equipment in my time.