Sonic Craft

decooney

Re: Sonic Craft
« Reply #60 on: 9 Feb 2019, 10:22 pm »
Jeff / Sonicraft,
Spin it and over-analyze it however you want, your choice. Since you bring it up again, I will too.  I was notified after other orders behind me were filled, simply put. I then checked with a few colleagues (former customers of yours) who expressed similar delays in notifications from you, hence the forum post to hopefully get your attention and request your hours of operation to better understand what to expect next from Sonicraft  Refining your website and notification processes to your paying customers will help others in the future.  BTW, I've since received the very expensive $80 cap parts in a cheap thin ten cent unprotected shipping bag (no box) and managed to straighten a pinched lead end. Wishing you the best of luck Sir. Over and out.     

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #61 on: 9 Feb 2019, 11:07 pm »
The leads were bent!!   Really?

Sometime retail customers take their business elsewhere and everyone wins. 

JohnR

« Reply #62 on: 10 Feb 2019, 01:51 am »
Am I missing something, or did this guy order on Saturday afternoon and the order was shipped on Monday?

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #63 on: 10 Feb 2019, 04:51 am »
The leads were bent!!   Really?

Sometime retail customers take their business elsewhere and everyone wins.

Thank you!  10+ years ago, this would have been my second response.  However, we now live in a much more fragile place.  A place were truth and reason are often cited as victimizing hapless individuals... :roll:

Am I missing something, or did this guy order on Saturday afternoon and the order was shipped on Monday?

It did.  Maybe you missed some of the other factually incorrect things he claimed?

Spin it and over-analyze it however you want, your choice. Since you bring it up again, I will too.

Since when are facts and truth "spin"? 

So, investigating your claim, and producing the details is "over analyzing"?  Because your attempt to troll backfired?

No, not my choice.  It is because you DEMANDED a response.  And, you continue to make false claims (i.e. trolling).

I was notified after other orders behind me were filled

Again, not true.   You were notified Saturday.  Even if you had been notified later, it would have been understandable as your order required more service.

I then checked with a few colleagues (former customers of yours) who expressed similar delays in notifications from you, hence the forum post to hopefully get your attention and request your hours of operation to better understand what to expect next from Sonicraft  Refining your website and notification processes to your paying customers will help others in the future.

That comes as news to me, but I have noticed a concerted effort to troll SC over the past 3-4 months.  Hours of operation make little sense when SC is 100% ecommerce, and has no published ph#.  We are working sporadically all the time.  The important things are listed under terms.  Like, when will my order ship?  From terms: Same day when ordered before 3pm CST M-F.  Your order was placed after 3pm CST Friday the 1st, but before 3pm CST Monday the 4th.  My guess would have been Monday the 4th.

BTW, I've since received the very expensive $80 cap parts in a cheap thin ten cent unprotected shipping bag (no box) and managed to straighten a pinched lead end.

I figured it would be something else since they arrived so quickly.  They were 2 small (and not fragile) caps double packed in two small padded mailers.  I prefer boxes myself, but I have decided to listen to some of my customers.  They want the cheapest shipping possible.  USPS First Class.  There is a limit on weight, and up charges for dimensions, etc...  Everything other than First Class goes in a box.  First Class may, or may not, go in a box.  Heck, I have potential customers that request a stamped envelope :(  I would just ignore their requests, but they might post that I do not answer email :roll:

There is some irony here though.  We just started offering USPS First Class on 01/01/2019.  On 01/27/2019, USPS rolled out a huge price hike.  Domestic First Class was hit the hardest, so it is not even cheap anymore.  The first thing that stuck me about your first email was why would someone who was so worried about the progress of his order elect to use the most unpredictable time in transit?  Hence, my assumption regarding delivery.

BTW, your package was insured.  Three sentences after our "same day" shipping disclosure, "Any damage claims should be immediately filed with the carrier".  It is worth noting that while we have had several missing package claims over the years, we have only had 7 damage claims.  That is 7 out of ~70,000 packages.  And even then, all 7 were with UPS.

Wishing you the best of luck Sir. Over and out.

Thank you.  I am truly sorry that you felt slighted.  I just went back, and carefully read all your posts.  Scratching my head, trying to figure out what I could have possibly done to appease you :banghead:  Suddenly :idea:  What the heck...  :surrender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-6PPdfPRM

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #64 on: 10 Feb 2019, 05:24 am »
This has been a very enlightening exchange for me, Jeff. I'm pretty certain I've never ordered from you before, but I'm now very certain that I will order from you the next time I have a need for something that you sell. Thank you, decooney, for presenting Jeff with an opportunity to show me how dedicated he is to his customers and how quick he is to respond to their needs.

In the past when I have ordered things from an online retailer - and it was already the weekend or late Friday afternoon - I have never once thought the retailer will be at work 24/7 waiting to process my order. I understand that days off are very important. I expect that I will have to wait a couple extra days. You see, I once ran a demanding business, and I tried very hard to make all my customers happy, but I still got to have regular days off. If someone had to steam because he/she demanded instant gratification and had to wait an extra day, so be it. Oh, I still lost sleep over it, but I did get that one or two days off each week.

To decooney:  :nono:

To Jeff:  :thumb:

To the general population: Enjoy life, folks. We get just one shot at it. When it's gone, that's it. How we treat each other in life is what matters. You know, treat others as you would like others to treat you. I try hard to live up to this adage - I sometimes fail, but I try to make up for it later.

Michael

Goliver

« Reply #65 on: 12 Apr 2020, 08:24 pm »
I've bookmarked your website. Thanks.

Nico M

« Reply #66 on: 28 Aug 2021, 02:51 pm »
I orderred the parts for my first crossover upgrade from sonicraft.
I live in the Netherlands,  but found my parts in the mailbox, well packed in the specified timeframe.
What really helped me to decide which sonicap series to use, was the clear way the sonic signature, or lack of, was described. I could just identify the cap which most likely is to my taste. Just by reading the description. And yes i know, there are a lot of other factors which you have to take into account, but at least I have an idea what sort of caracter a cap represents. The gen 1 was my choice, together with the mills resistors. Next project is the power supply lines of my amp and cd player. Which used cheap magnetic metalfilm resistors. On the site of sonicraft, i found what i needed, so i will make a list. You can't take companies like this for granted. Everything under one roof, one place where you will find your high quality parts, with good descriptions. Love it...

OSIB16

« Reply #67 on: 28 Aug 2021, 03:42 pm »
I orderred the parts for my first crossover upgrade from sonicraft.
I live in the Netherlands,  but found my parts in the mailbox, well packed in the specified timeframe.
What really helped me to decide which sonicap series to use, was the clear way the sonic signature, or lack of, was described. I could just identify the cap which most likely is to my taste. Just by reading the description. And yes i know, there are a lot of other factors which you have to take into account, but at least I have an idea what sort of caracter a cap represents. The gen 1 was my choice, together with the mills resistors. Next project is the power supply lines of my amp and cd player. Which used cheap magnetic metalfilm resistors. On the site of sonicraft, i found what i needed, so i will make a list. You can't take companies like this for granted. Everything under one roof, one place where you will find your high quality parts, with good descriptions. Love it...

Agreed. That’s what I like about Sonic Craft. Plus Jeff is always there if you need any guidance with your project. By the way; nice Kefs you’ve got. I have a top drawer surround system using Kef R200C centre speaker with Kef R100’s left and right. Best in the business.