Rendu not seen on SonicOrbiter or network

radarnyc

Rendu not seen on SonicOrbiter or network
« on: 8 Mar 2021, 10:09 pm »
Hi all
My MicroRendu was working fine until recently. I can no longer see it on http://sonicorbiter.com/. I've tried powering it down for a few minutes and unplugging the ethernet and USB cables. I've tried a different USB cable.
I have a flashing green light and a flashing orange light on my Rendu but it's not visible on http://sonicorbiter.com/.
Any suggestions for things I should try?

RDavidson

Re: Rendu not seen on SonicOrbiter or network
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2021, 11:53 pm »
Are you running software 2.8?

radarnyc

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2021, 01:49 am »
The server is running 2.8. Of course the rendu is “down” now so I can’t check but i think it’s 2.7

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2021, 03:27 am »
That's likely the issue. 2.7 is many months out of date and there was a significant firmware update for 2.8 last week. My guess is 2.7 is now entirely obsolete which is the reason you can no longer connect. Sounds like it's time to get a new software card.

richidoo

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2021, 12:54 pm »
Make sure you can see it listed as a device on your router/gateway.

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2021, 01:57 pm »
Reboot router?

krustykat

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2021, 04:41 pm »
Ordering a 2.8 card might be good option.  Over the years I've had two sd cards go bad on my rendu products and this was the exact symptoms it exhibited - it would appear to boot fine but it wouldn't get a network connection.   You could try swapping cards if you have another rendu product just to verify.   

radarnyc

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2021, 07:27 pm »
Rebooting the router seemed to do it. Hard to say as it didn’t really come back online until a few other things. Thanks all. 2.7 on rendu and 2.8 on server still works for now

radarnyc

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2021, 10:29 pm »
Lost power for a few seconds again today and I have an odd problem
1. Rendu is on my network according to my router software
2. Rendu is shown when hitting sonicorbiter.com
3. From sonicorbiter.com, I hit manage rendu and it returns "this site can't be reached" error

So basically, I'm back to no music. Am I the only with things kinds of problems with their Rendu?

MttBsh

« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2021, 12:26 am »
I had a Rendu for a few years and although I liked the sound it seemed I had problems anytime the router, Windows software or any other part of the system was updated and I couldn't count the number of times everything had to be powered off and rebooted for it to show back up on the SonicOrbiter network. Too many cables, power supplies and peripherals in the daisy chain. I have switched to a networked one box plug-and-play solution that sounds better and is far more stable.

radarnyc

« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2021, 12:52 am »
I have reset the router, powered the rendu off and then back on. The current status is:

1. Rendu is off the network. 100% sure of that
2. Sonicorbiter.com is reporting it sees the Rendu. I get this same status even when i power off or unplug the ethernet cable

So basically, I cannot get the Rendu on the network to re-add the DAC.  What a waste of time!
Any suggestions here?

MttBsh

« Reply #11 on: 25 Mar 2021, 01:30 am »
Contact Jesus at Sonore (sonorejr@gmail.com) He probably knows more about troubleshooting Rendu/SonicOrbiter issues than anyone on the planet.

RDavidson

« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2021, 01:39 am »
Why not get software version 2.8? It's $20.
As I said, 2.7 stopped working for me months ago. You lucked out and it somehow worked for you longer than me. Makes sense because I'm certain our computer systems and networks are not the same.

Here's the thing to understand : The software that your computer and network and whatever software you use for playback gets updated all time. Sometimes updates happen in the background and you never notice. As your 2.7 software is no longer getting updated it can no longer keep up with the updates that are happening elsewhere in your computer ecosystem.

I guarantee you that the folks at Sonore will tell you the same thing I did twice. 2.7 is out of date and no longer supported.

MttBsh

« Reply #13 on: 25 Mar 2021, 02:10 am »
What RDavidson said  :thumb:

radarnyc

« Reply #14 on: 25 Mar 2021, 02:13 am »
Copy that. Thanks