Which Power Cord for G4L4

setamp

Which Power Cord for G4L4
« on: 13 May 2014, 12:17 am »
I have been experimenting with power cords in my system.  I found that a HiDiamondP4 works extremely well with my Balancing Act while an Eichmann eXpress works best with my BDP-1.
Has anyone found a power cord that has synergy with the Lampi?

barrows

• Industry Participant
Re: Which Power Cord for G4L4
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2014, 01:25 am »
Probably 18 AWG lamp cord with one of those crimp on AC plugs.  Peferably NOS from the 60s...

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2014, 02:49 pm »
I have experimented with a number of power cables on our DACs and my favorites have been Mosiac Audio Sigma and Verastarr's Grand Illusion (iirc, will double check name tonight).  Neither are inexpensive, but I prefer both significantly to the HiDiamond 3s I owned as a point of reference.

setamp

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2014, 04:27 pm »
Thanks.  I found the HD3 to be OK and the HD4 worked much better on my amp.  It's good to hear from someone who tried the same and found a better fit.

Lissnr

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2014, 10:04 am »
I have been very happy with my Triode Wire Labs power cords into my Lampizators. I had a "10" into my L4G4 then when I got my Big 6 I moved up to an "8" with great success... Now I'm looking at Pete's newest offerings and drooling...hope to move up again soon...In general I found them to be an excellent match especially in the way the TWL's just let the natural tones come right through. They're downright "Organic" together!

Emil

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2014, 11:20 am »
I have been very happy with my Triode Wire Labs power cords into my Lampizators. I had a "10" into my L4G4 then when I got my Big 6 I moved up to an "8" with great success... Now I'm looking at Pete's newest offerings and drooling...hope to move up again soon...In general I found them to be an excellent match especially in the way the TWL's just let the natural tones come right through. They're downright "Organic" together!

Agree with Lissner. Have TWL cords on my Lampizator and throughout my system.

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2014, 01:21 pm »
^ Same here... I went through a handful of different brands. Triode Wire Labs were the first ones I found that simultaneously did not push certain frequencies OR color tone. Coloration was a problem with so many I went through.
Organic --true that!
I do have a HiDiamond-3 left I would like to try again on the L4G4, with my current set-up. They were nice but to many of them and something seemed fake. TWL's have allowed me to forget about PC's but still try other electronics, without worrying about a bad pairing while demoing something.. Ill take natural, organic and musical over extreme this or that any day.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2014, 02:15 pm by jriggy »

jai1611

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2014, 03:20 pm »
A friend of mine had good luck with a Yamamura 5000. I was using Einstein and later, Naim (moved my entire system to those eventually). This was with a Lvl 3 though

Lissnr

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2014, 02:38 am »
Time for a quick powercord update. After several months (last post -above- over 6 months ago) I finally took the time to upgrade the powercord to my Lampizator as I had been faithfully using my TWL "8  American"  for quite some time. But the first big news is actually my upgrade within the phenomenal Lampizator family to the new top of the line and fully loaded Gen V Big 7 which [at first], I could not have been happier with as the tried and true TWL "8 American" continued doing excellent duty in its ongoing Lampi Dac role.
But, the time had come. Pete at Triode Wire Labs has recently released what promised to be the perfect "Dac Match" powercord simply called the Digital American and I knew it was time to let the "8" find a new duty elsewhere in the rack, as the "Digital American" was calling my Big7's name.
So, a few days ago the beautifully built "DA" comes to roost and snuggles in behind the rack happily feeding the 7 with loads of effortless current all 'cleaned of on-line nasties' just waiting to justify its existence. I gave it 48 hrs to settle (yes, I am remarkably patient and do believe in most aspects of break-in's/warm-ups/, etc. when it comes to most every component in my system).
Then I pressed "PLAY".
Holy cow. The sense of deep black space was astounding. Music simply spilled into the room like a pure glacial stream. Notes were tangible...voices were simply "present" and each and every instrument had its own space and time to make its case...
I keep coming back to the words "Natural" and "Unforced"...Others have also been impressed and you can find more of my reaction and theirs' too on Pete's TWL circle right here on AudioCircle.
It took my already "there" Big7 to even greater heights...(UP There? Where that match was really made????)... you can be the judge.
IMHO, it's sonic bliss with a TWL Digital into your Lampizator Dac ; you really won't believe how much more potential is waiting to come through until you hear it for yourself.
"You're Welcome" (wanted to say it ahead of time).

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm »
Thanks for the accolades, guys!

Regarding the LampizatOr Level 4 DAC, I received the following feedback from a Lampi / TWL user (actually a review that was submitted to AudioGon & rejected). I forwarded this Gopher & Berto... Gopher inferred that I since I don't pay the AudioGon tax, a lot of feedback won't be posted there...

Well here's the feedback...

DETAILS:
"Pete has hit a home run with bases loaded with his new Digital cord. The cord arrived today, burned in and ready to go. I hooked it up to my DAC and am half way into Jennifer Warnes' “The Well”. What I've been hearing from the first moment is clean, layered, holographic, beautiful music. Bass has improved. I recently purchased a Lampi 4 level 4 DAC and upgraded the output caps. Given all of the hoopla surrounding the Lampi DACS, I had expected to be thrilled with it. For me it was a bit of a let down. It wasn't until I paired it with the Triode cord that the virtues of the Lampizator became apparent. Pete's digital power cord is high end without the ludicrous price so often seen with cables. A 30 day trial comes with all of TWL products. Thank you Pete!"

Cheers,
Pete

Gopher

« Reply #10 on: 13 Dec 2014, 12:52 am »
The new digital cable sounds like a real winner with our Lampi gear, Pete!   I've loved your other cables and will probably need a demo of one of these in 2015. :thumb:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #11 on: 13 Dec 2014, 04:24 pm »
The new digital cable sounds like a real winner with our Lampi gear, Pete!   I've loved your other cables and will probably need a demo of one of these in 2015. :thumb:

You got it, Fred!

Happy Holidays,
Pete