BatteryBUSS group buy!!!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: BatteryBUSS group buy!!!
« Reply #60 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:03 pm »
Dave, could I mount regulator on the buffer amp chassis as I want to build a second one and mount them in speakers to bi amp, so I would prefer to only have one power cord to each? Like the idea of alum tube for heat sink. On my final build I plan to line inside of chassis with copper sheeting and have cut out in chassis but not copper to dissipate the heat, any thoughts on this idea? and could I use copper tubing instead of alum?

Mike
Mike, sure.  I see no reason to not use local regulation.  Check your PM, I have some info for you.

Copper would be the best heatsink material, but sourcing rectangular tubing might be a tad difficult.  You just need a flat plate to mount the regulator to.  If you mount the regulator to the copper sheet with the copper tuning soldered to the sheet as chimneys that would be awesome.  It would look "cool", too.

Dave

praedet

« Reply #61 on: 14 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm »
Just posted my review here.  Thanks for letting me be a part of the group buy Dave!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #62 on: 14 Aug 2011, 02:50 pm »
Just posted my review here.  Thanks for letting me be a part of the group buy Dave!
Ted,

Thank YOU for being part of the brave few that started this BUSS rolling.

As I was reading the review I could see the smile on your face: cool   :thumb:

That USB cable is still in development, but just about ready to surface as part of a cable system for computer audio.

Thank you for the review.

Dave

praedet

« Reply #63 on: 14 Aug 2011, 03:44 pm »
^^^Great to hear Dave as I think you will sell a LOT of those cables!!!!

Thanks again for the time effort, and AWESOME products...