FOOTERS

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
FOOTERS
« on: 19 Dec 2012, 08:50 pm »
  Very affective but which ones do you use if any at all ?

charles

Photon46

Re: FOOTERS
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2012, 11:49 pm »
While I've not experimented with many of the more expensive products in this category, I have found Boston Audio's Tuneblocks with optional tungsten carbide bearings to improve the sound of almost every component I've tried them under.

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2012, 03:34 pm »
  We like the roller concept very much. Makes sense in theory. The Pon-Tunes are similar in concept however they use a solid core material. A cylinder rests on a fluted base which allows the cylinder to roll similar to the ball bearings. Very affective.

charles

bluemike

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2012, 05:26 pm »

bluemike

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2012, 05:52 pm »
Speaking of Footers
I have a local friend who makes footers out of Silicone. Our last audio meet we got together and I demo'd these underneath my friends Kuzma 4 point Turntable and we all heard a difference for the better. The detail and soundstaging increased, better resolution overall, the music became more engaging  :thumb:
After ourt first LP was done and the system was warmed up we decided to put on Patricia Barbera live in France. some critical listening followed. First off I can say the sound was familiar (i've heard this lp in many systems and can discern differences) but somehow here the sound was a little different. The bass seemed a little fuller and more relaxed and natural - not deeper or more pronounced but more noticeable. we got a sense that micro details were also better. It was very captivating music and unanimously we could say we liked what we were hearing  :thumb:

After about an hour into the session we removed the silicone footers and went back to his originals cones once again playing the same LP  the general consensus was the music quality had dropped, the music was no longer engaging . this was  clear in looking at peoples faces and their reactions something had changed- the music was still good but the system was lacking something. To some this could be seen as a placebo effect but I've heard my buddy's footers in many systems to date and the transformation of sound is similar :D

I'm pretty much sold on the differences good footers can make especially in top end systems. The right footer is the proverbial "cherry on top". My buddy's footers do make a difference to my ears and the other systems we've demo'd them. In in this case hearing is believing ! :D
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2012, 07:49 pm by bluemike »

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2012, 02:31 pm »
The silicon footers are ?? We sell Kuzma and would be interested in trying such. Maybe he can introduce them in the Commercial zone. Did you post this at Audio Nervosa awhile back ?

charles

dflee

« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2012, 02:44 pm »
Iv'e got Ayre wood blocks under all the equipment and Linn spike spotters under the speakers. All have helped
in one form or another. Would like to try Cerimax unber the speakers some day. Anybody here ever used them?

Don

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 23 Dec 2012, 04:14 pm »
The silicon footers are ?? We sell Kuzma and would be interested in trying such. Maybe he can introduce them in the Commercial zone. Did you post this at Audio Nervosa awhile back ?
+1

I'd like to read more about them too.  Can you have him post in the commerical zone?

bluemike

« Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2012, 07:38 pm »
+1

I'd like to read more about them too.  Can you have him post in the commerical zone?
  I have emailed him today and asked him to advertise his footers in the commercial zone

bluemike

« Reply #9 on: 23 Dec 2012, 07:40 pm »

charles
Yes, I did mention these on the Audionervosa forum a few months ago.
I believe I posted a few pics there as well
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2012, 12:38 am by bluemike »