Dakiom Stabilizers

witchdoctor

Dakiom Stabilizers
« on: 17 Mar 2004, 03:19 am »
I connected the unit to my IC from my dac to my pre/pro. Brought everything into a better focus and is reccomended.
Next I connected two units one for IC's to my sub pre/out and the amp unit to my subs amp ( I have a passive sub by VBT). What was interesting is this is the same set up as on their site from the HT show.
Now I am very happy I ordered this. Bass is tight, tight ,tight. I had some looseness in songs like Desert Rose by Sting. IC's helped but it wasn't enough. This unit put the flab in my bass on a diet. Great, tight and deep. I am lucky to use a passive sub. The IC's unit worked by itself but both units are best. You can hook up the amp unit to an active sub if you are good with tweaking.
I like this unit!!

vpolineni

Dakiom Stabilizers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2004, 11:45 pm »
how are you guys installing these stabilizers?  My amp has 2 sets of 5-way binding posts for bi-wiring my speakers.  Could I buy 2 of the a103's and use one of them for two of the binding posts for one of the channels?  Also, my speaker cables (Ridge Street Audio Poiema!) have spades.  Could I use them and attach the dakioms to the amp with bananas?

TheChairGuy

Dakiom Stabilizers
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2004, 05:27 am »
Quote from: vpolineni
how are you guys installing these stabilizers?  My amp has 2 sets of 5-way binding posts for bi-wiring my speakers.  Could I buy 2 of the a103's and use one of them for two of the binding posts for one of the channels?  Also, my speaker cables (Ridge Street Audio Poiema!) have spades.  Could I use them and attach the dakioms to the amp with bananas?

Hey vpolineni!

You only need one A103 per amp.  If you have just one amp (no matter how many speakers are being run on it), you need only one A103.  I have 2 amps (Norh's running active biamp), so I needed two A103's.

If you are using spades to your 5 ways posts on your amps, no problem, just get some cheapo bananas (Mr. Dao said it doesn't matter, I use RatShack) to plug the bare wired A103's into.  The A103 has 2 positive (red) and one negative(black) lead....just plug them into + (red) and - (black) of your amp posts.

If you have a separate preamp, it is best to plug an R103 into it and another R103 into your dedicated CDP or DAC.  3 total would trick out your system if you have separate amp, separate preamp (one A103 needed only if you have integrated) and one for CD playback.

A few exceptions where Dakiom's do not work.  Digital amps, tube amps (I think, ask Mr. Dao, he is very responsive) and some other elctronic gear developed without the use of negative feedback.

Some of your gear you may not know the recipe.  I had my 2 A103's and R103's on my sytem with my transport as dedicated CDP (Sony DVP-S7700) and it improved things remarkably.  When using, as normal, my Gold Link III DAC it was awful.  MSB is rather tight lipped about their technology, but some of it is in the use of no or extremely low negative feedback.  Of this, I am sure now after this test.

Keep in mind, the Dakiom's won't get rid of 'grain', digititis, make up for lousy power supplies, or increase resolution....but they have a dramtic effect of making the music fuller , fatter and pulse pounding (bass especially).  They won't make lousy into great, but they do make okay much better more often that I thought possible.

vpolineni

Dakiom Stabilizers
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2004, 05:51 am »
hey thechairguy,
  thanks for the response.  i use an integrated amp (Jungson JA-88D) which has i believe does not employ negative feedback in its design (i remember reading that in a brochure).  so if i'm using 2 sets of speaker cables to bi-wire, i still only need one a103 meaning that one set of binding posts will not have the stabilizers hooked up to them?  my binding posts are rather far apart for each channel... however the two sets closest to each other from each channel may be close enough so that all I need is one a103.  I would buy these now.. but i'm waiting for the new stabilizers designed for balanced xlr outputs.  Mr. Dao said they should be ready in a month or so.. thanks for the input.  I'll let you know how it goes.

TheChairGuy

Dakiom Stabilizers
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2004, 04:46 pm »
Quote from: vpolineni
hey thechairguy,
  thanks for the response.  i use an integrated amp (Jungson JA-88D) which has i believe does not employ negative feedback in its design (i remember reading that in a brochure).  so if i'm using 2 sets of speaker cables to bi-wire, i still only need one a103 meaning that one set of binding posts will not have the stabilizers hooked up to them?  my binding posts are rather far apart for each channel... however the two sets closest to each other from each channel may be close enough so that  ...

Hey VP,

If your Integrated employs no negative feedback in it's design, NO A103's are needed anywhere in chain. I would talk to Mr. Dao tho...he'll put you on the right path.

If you use a powered sub, you can splice a A103 into it and gain some advantage is using it...but you didn't mention whether this was in your listening chain.  Thta's the only A103 I can possibly see for you.

Then, you would only need to buy one R103 (when he develops balanced connections for you) for your CD playback...as long as that piece of equipment doesn't also use negative feedback (as my MSB Gold Link II apparently did - 'cause the sound stunk with a R103 on it and sounded great with bone stock Sony player spinning the the same tunes)