Shopping for used grand piano...

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Re: Shopping for used grand piano...
« Reply #20 on: 2 Apr 2007, 03:12 am »
It's good to be reminded of some of the bennies of living in such a densely populated metropolitan area.  Whew!  Them's some nice pianos!

Wolf, did you get to hear anyone play the pianos while you where there?  I'm a bit surprised, because I would have expected the pianos to have affected the sound of an audio system in the immediate vicinity.

In searching for guitars, I have invariably noticed they sound better in the music store when the other nearby guitars are all vibrating in sympathy.  The bigger the store the more guitars, the more guitars the better the sound.  At least that was my experience.   

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 2 Apr 2007, 03:27 am »
Jim...
Wolf, did you get to hear anyone play the pianos while you where there?  I'm a bit surprised, because I would have expected the pianos to have affected the sound of an audio system in the immediate vicinity.
Just a few notes here and there on the piano....it was a Rave to listen to the Bösendorfer speakers with Joe Fratus' Art Audio amps. The amps were nice....and I heard no effects with the pianos in the room.
They do hold small concerts in that room.....link...

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 2 Apr 2007, 03:59 am »
Wolf
Ouch!  Those Bosendorfer speakers look great!  What's their msrp?  Too bad they don't do oem speaker enclosures for other manufacturers.  Where are they made? 
jimbolayha

lonewolfny42

« Reply #23 on: 2 Apr 2007, 04:19 am »
Wolf
Ouch!  Those Bosendorfer speakers look great!  What's their msrp?  Too bad they don't do oem speaker enclosures for other manufacturers.  Where are they made? 
jimbolayha
Unfortunately....they do "look" good....but the Art Audio amps sounded better. And the speakers are .....expensive.
It was awhile ago....so I can't remember all the details of where they are made for sure. Here's a photo link of the Rave..... :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #24 on: 2 Apr 2007, 04:25 am »
Austria....for the speakers....there's a photo of the back of one.....Made In Austria.... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=629&pos=53