Order Status

tunepotato

Order Status
« on: 9 Jun 2015, 03:49 pm »
Paul,
Can you please give me an update regarding my order. See the e-mail I sent you for details. Thank you!

Respectfully,
Brent

tunepotato

Re: Order Status
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2015, 02:12 am »
Paul,
I appreciate the update.

Thanks!
Brent

loving_it

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2015, 02:07 pm »
Funny how one can only post good things on here , as soon as someone post a negative experience the post gets deleted , also there messages will no longer be answered so they have no choice but to post in public .

So here we go again , Paul please if you cant answer my emails and your going to send my power supply's out to me and then cut all communication with me so I have to be worried about having any warranty , then sell the power supply's and issue a refund

Should I be sorry and apologize to you for not keeping your word ?   

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2015, 04:12 pm »
Rodney,

In case you have not saved a copy of my status communication of 090615 I have added it at the end of this post. I fail to see where your complaints are founded and your reply to this status communication was certainly out of order which is why I deleted it. I have not repeated your reply here as I bear you no malice.

To answer your question regarding warranty on the power supplies. I give a parts and labour warranty for items I sell and for the second hand SR5-12 conversion this will be for one year from your receipt of the power supply. For the cancelled order SR5-12 conversion this will be for three years from your receipt of the power supply.

The two power supplies have been packed and I have instructed a carrier collection. The shipment is with UPS and the tracking number is 1Z2X12A5D990457151. From experience expect the tracking information to start once the parcel hits the UPS International forwarding hub on the mainland. This should be in the region of 3 to 5 working days. I have checked the local weather forecast and high winds are forecast for next Tuesday. This may cause delay, as the ferry services do not run in high winds.

I trust this will be satisfactory, but if you would prefer, I can cancel the shipment before the carrier collection and offer the power supplies to other customers. I will then be pleased to give you a refund and we can go our separate ways. I have no preference either way, so I will leave it up to you to decide.

Paul

Posted on PHD circle on 090615
“I really do wish people would read communications properly. I gave you a lead time of 25 to 30 “working” days (not 25 to 30 days) based on estimated lead time for the acquisition of the replacement mains transformers.

For clarification, working days are Monday to Friday normally from 10am to 5 pm with an hour for lunch. I do not work weekends or evenings as I have care responsibilities and I cannot get cover during these periods to free my time up. Also, for the record, I take holidays like most people and I occasionally have time off with illness, as I just happen to be human. There is only one of me working here and I have to do all the business admin as well as progress the outstanding PHD orders. When I am off work nothing is progressed.

Regarding the time period of your order, during May I have had 4 days holiday (2 national holidays and 2 days off for personal reasons), 6 days off with illness and 2 days off during power cuts while the local electricity company progressed repairs and fitted new transformers to the local power grid (no power = no work) making a total of 12 working days delay to your lead time estimate. When I have time off work the whole order schedule moves back with it.

You sent your bank transfer on Wednesday 8th April. These usually take around 3 working days to arrive from abroad and the funds arrived in my account late Friday 10th April. The next working day from this point was 13th April and this is the day your order officially begun so the lead time starts there. Theoretically, assuming no delays due to time off work, the shipping window for your order would have been from 18th May to the 25th May. Adding the 12 working days delay due to my absence from work moves the shipping window to the period from 3rd June to 10th June (tomorrow). The additional confusion with the transformer orders has pushed progress to the end of the window but this is why I give a window, rather than a specific date, to allow for such occurrences.

Your power supplies were placed in the soak test bay this morning for their 2 day soak test. This means that, assuming they pass the soak test, I should be able to pack the power supplies on Thursday, one day behind the revised shipping window. The world is a dynamic place and things do not always go according to plan.

Once I have the parcel packed I can book a collection by one of the carriers that operate here. This area of the world is classed as the outback, and the carriers use local forwarding agents, so it will likely be 3 to 5 working days before the parcel hits the carrier’s international forwarding hub on the mainland and from then on it will be their normal shipping times.

As your order is a customisation of custom build power supplies, which incidentally, I have provided without additional charge, I have no provision for refunds in my terms as costs have been incurred during preparation. I can offer the two power supplies to others if you would prefer. If someone takes over the order you can then have a refund. The SR5-12 is a very popular power supply. Just let me know what you want to do.

Regarding communications, I am very busy. I receive hundreds of communications every week and often do not have the time to drop the ball and answer e-mail and PMs in real time. As an example it has taken several hours out of my work schedule just to go through our communication history and compose this reply. That is most of my admin time for today.

Regards
Paul”

loving_it

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2015, 11:56 pm »
Thanks for the update and yes I will take the power supply's