X3's are here! Unboxing, setup and Initial listening impressions

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
I have a set of Vandy 3A Sigs and subs, but just heard some Emerald Physics speakers.

Man, I can only assume the X3's are even better.

I owned/own Emerald Physics and Spatial Audio speakers and can say that they compare very favorably to my Vandy 5A's.

Anybody want to buy a pair of 5A's?  ;-)

George

geerock

What you have to remember is that Emerald Physics is a Clayton Shaw design from about 12 years ago.  And the new owner has replaced some of the premier drivers with knockoffs in some cases.  He's a marketer, not a designer. Thats why you can buy EP speakers at 40 and 50% off.  Clayton's designs are 3 or 4 generations ahead of Emerald Physics.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
What you have to remember is that Emerald Physics is a Clayton Shaw design from about 12 years ago.  And the new owner has replaced some of the premier drivers with knockoffs in some cases.  He's a marketer, not a designer. Clayton's designs are 3 or 4 generations ahead of Emerald Physics.

My reference to Emerald Physics and the 5A's is with Clayton's speakers...not the subsequent ones under Walter/Underwood HIFI.

I was one of Clayton's earliest Emerald Physics customers and actually sold his speakers as well (to quite a few Audio Circle members).

George

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Hello Tyson.
I was sad to hear what happened in the past Tyson, and for what it is worth may I offer the following:
1. It is really clear to me, as a newcomer to AudioCircle, the very high regard in which you are held by a great number of people in the audiophile community (not only in the US).
2. From other comments which you have made, you have several very close friends such as Mike Galusha, with whom you share not only the same interests, but clearly a whole lot more.
3. You, and others in the Spatial Audio threads have made me feel very welcome from your replies to my postings, and I am very grateful to you (and the others) for that.
4. From you (and the others), I have learned a great deal, not only about the Spatial Audio speakers, but also about other matters audio (eg electronic pairings which go well with the Spatial Audios), and for that I thank you and the others.
5. I am really enjoying your whole X3 thread, and am looking forward to your future postings especially updated listening impressions etc.
6. As a result of your thread (and the other enjoyable Spatial Audio threads), after a good talk to Clayton a few days ago, I pulled the trigger on some X4s, got in touch with my bank and organised a money transfer, and am now "on the list" of future/soon to be owners. You beauty!

So my friend, (and I hope you are comfortable for me to think of you and the other people who are posting here, in that way), thank you for the knowledge, enthusiasm, friendship, and the other qualities which you and others are bringing to the discussion table here!

All the best from Australia,
Paul.

Wow that is very kind.  And you are right, I do consider many people here as friends.  I don't talk about the past much, but looking back I can say that I did everything within my power to save the marriage, and to act with honor.  Even though there were times where I was very bitter and angry, I kept it to myself, mostly because I didn't want any of that to spill over to my daughter.  Which I'm very glad about, as I see my main role now as doing my best to be a good dad.  She's already a music lover and a budding audiophile, so I can't be doing too badly  :thumb:

Re: the X4's - congrats man, and welcome to the Spatial family  8)

geerock

I never knew what loneliness was until I got married.
😀

Ozspace

Wow that is very kind.  And you are right, I do consider many people here as friends.  I don't talk about the past much, but looking back I can say that I did everything within my power to save the marriage, and to act with honor.  Even though there were times where I was very bitter and angry, I kept it to myself, mostly because I didn't want any of that to spill over to my daughter.  Which I'm very glad about, as I see my main role now as doing my best to be a good dad.  She's already a music lover and a budding audiophile, so I can't be doing too badly  :thumb:

Re: the X4's - congrats man, and welcome to the Spatial family  8)

Thanks for the welcome, and from the sharing of information about, and passion for Clayton's speakers which occurs on AudioCircle, it does seem to be a family.

I think that it is great to share an interest/passion with friends, but for you to have the extra level of sharing your passion with your daughter - that is brilliant.
It is lovely for her to have someone from whom to learn about music and its production who not only has your knowledge and experience, but who is her dad. Terrific.

Many years ago, I had the chance to learn more about both music and audio from both of my parents.
When I was younger, I learned piano and later on, violin for a while from a great teacher, but because my main passion was in sport, my parents didn't push me down the music path.
Later on, when I worked and lived a long way away, there wasn't the same opportunity to learn from both of them, but my renewed interest in music in my 30s and onwards gave me an extra connection to my parents while they were alive.

For you to share the same passion right now with your daughter - nothing beats that.

Please keep sharing your thoughts on your evolving speakers.

All the best,
Paul.

Ozspace

Sorry about my last post which had Tyson's comment and my reply lumped together in the one posting - I am new to this stuff.

franSSS

Sorry about my last post which had Tyson's comment and my reply lumped together in the one posting - I am new to this stuff.

You are forgiven. :-)