New Devore system at RMAF 2018

Jonathon Janusz

New Devore system at RMAF 2018
« on: 7 Oct 2018, 01:25 am »
Although this "preview" wasn't exactly from the show floor in Denver (it was actually taken in the studio/lab where the system was born), I thought folks would like to check out not only this video preview of the system, but give a signal boost to a pretty darn impressive setup for doing audio system video reviews.

For a while now, I've said that Tyson and Pez (whether they choose to take credit for or ever admit to it or not) pretty much reset the standard to which audio press coverage could be measured.  Respectfully, gentlemen, this youtuber has come up with a solid answer to that challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVH-pMg9wA

Tomy2Tone

Re: New Devore system at RMAF 2018
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2018, 02:24 am »
That was excellent, thanks for sharing! Subscribed.

carusoracer

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2018, 03:04 pm »
Very well done, with some great humor as well!

Stercom

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2018, 03:24 pm »
Very cool. As shown, precise system setup is crucial.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2018, 07:22 pm »
That’s Jana Dagdagan, one of Stereophile’s contributors. You can see how her perspective is different, unique and special given her “millennial” background.

Two thumbs up!
Keep it coming!

Best,
Anand.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2018, 08:02 pm »
That’s Jana Dagdagan, one of Stereophile’s contributors. You can see how her perspective is different, unique and special given her “millennial” background.

Two thumbs up!
Keep it coming!

Best,
Anand.

I had no idea who she was. When the video first started playing I was thinking how nice that somebody was letting their teenage daughter do this. But apparently she’s in her 20’s and has done quite a bit with both music and writing in audiophile circles.

djdube525

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2018, 12:49 am »
I only had 3 hours to blitz through a bunch of rooms. On a lark, I decided to try Klipsch based on the earlier review of the Forte’s... I was all set to dismiss them (For me, the Klipsch speakers I’ve listed to tend to sizzle a bit too much for my liking)... I kept waiting for a “zing” that would grate my ears... bathetic were surprisingly nice, especially in a room without any treatment.

I immediately went down to cottonwood to listen to the JBLs. While also good, I started to get that upper zing I was expecting from the Klipsch. Maybe it was the dude who was playing the Revels (which reminded me of the Focals in the same room last year)... ear splitting.

I wanted to like the JBLs... but for me.. I preferred the Fortes. Maybe cottonwood is a bad room... I need to see if the local dealer has both so I can get a better side by side comparison.

Hey Tyson...

I didn’t get a chance to check out the Audio Kinesis room, and now I wish I had. Any chance you can compare them to the Forte’?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2018, 01:15 am »
I only had 3 hours to blitz through a bunch of rooms. On a lark, I decided to try Klipsch based on the earlier review of the Forte’s... I was all set to dismiss them (For me, the Klipsch speakers I’ve listed to tend to sizzle a bit too much for my liking)... I kept waiting for a “zing” that would grate my ears... bathetic were surprisingly nice, especially in a room without any treatment.

I immediately went down to cottonwood to listen to the JBLs. While also good, I started to get that upper zing I was expecting from the Klipsch. Maybe it was the dude who was playing the Revels (which reminded me of the Focals in the same room last year)... ear splitting.

I wanted to like the JBLs... but for me.. I preferred the Fortes. Maybe cottonwood is a bad room... I need to see if the local dealer has both so I can get a better side by side comparison.

Hey Tyson...

I didn’t get a chance to check out the Audio Kinesis room, and now I wish I had. Any chance you can compare them to the Forte’?

If you can do the multisub setup then no question the AK speakers were better than the Klipsch.  The Fortes were great, but the Azels were next-level.

And you are right, the Fortes are a better speaker than the L100.  I alluded to the fact that the L100 had a more "rock and roll" type sound, which is code for "a bit hot".  It wouldn't be my choice, taste, but for others it would be perfect.  I also noticed the L100 had a tweeter volume pot on the front baffle, so it can be dialed down if someone feels its too hot. 

djdube525

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2018, 06:11 pm »
I only had 3 hours to blitz through a bunch of rooms.

Sorry for the thread jack... I could have sworn I was posting in another thread. I must have fat fingered on my phone. Whoops! :duh: