March Meeting LAOCAS

John Casler

March Meeting LAOCAS
« on: 25 Feb 2005, 03:21 pm »
Hi All,

Below is the newest info on the March Meeting

Dear Members,

COMING SOON: Audio Magic Presented by member Danny Kaey and Marten Design Loudspeakers Presented by member Dan Meinwald plus digital playback on ModWright's latest and greatest ModWright Sony 999 hybrid tube unit. Incredible Interconnects and newest power conditioning demonstrated by Audio Magic.  And special system setup by Sound Advice's Dan Meinwald renowned for extraordinary music in the home.

Hear the $15,000 ultra musical and detailed Marten Design Duke Ellington Loudspeakers fresh from their premier at CES! These are loudspeakers to behold and aspire to. With built in digital amplifiers powering the sub's, they make a huge, room filling sound with extraordinary finesse. Hear them set up to perfection!! I promise an incredible musical experience. We've moved the event to the elegant Sierra Ball Room to showcase these great speakers!!!! Comfortable seating for 50!

Plus STAR Raffle!!  Featuring Interconnects from Audio Magic, TV's, Radio's, Video Games, SACD's, DVD's, CD's, and LP's...over $2000 worth of raffle prizes. PLUS!! from member Rolf Erickson: " I am an experienced amateur Re-surrounder of woofers, I love the doing of it.  I have done about 30 units now, many brands.  I am offering to the society, the personally performed free repair of bad "edges" on 2 qualified REGULAR woofers. Un-qualified units will not be covered by this offer.   Qualifications are: 1. Foam Surrounds, I do not do rubber, cloth, paper or anything but grey generic foam.  2. I will only do the following standard sizes, 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch .  Some speakers use non-standard sizes, some JBL's 12'" are non-standard, as are some AR's and many others, I can only do them out of current parts inventory. No special order parts will be obtained."  We'll include this very generous offer from Rolf in the raffle!!! Here's a chance to restore that classic speaker to like new.

SUNDAY  March 20th  Special Time: 4-8pm  Holiday Inn   Sierra Ball Room  on Beach Blvd. at the 91   Free Parking   Dinner Served   [Equipment Setup at 3-4pm]

Our March 20th Event is Sponsered by our Friends at Audio Magic! The LA&OC Audio Society Thanks You!!

AND elections for officers of our Society will be held at this event. It's very important for you to attend!

Until our March 20th Event of real Audio Magic, warmest regards and great listening,

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society

America's Premier Audio Society  www.laocaudiosociety.com