Oct 17th So CA and Orange County Audiophile Society meeting

John Casler

As posted from Bob Levi, to all So Cal Audiophiles:

Dear Members,

COMING SOON!

OCTOBER 17:

An Amazing Afternoon at Optimal Enchantment, Santa Monica.

THE Vandersteen AND Audioquest EVENT of a Lifetime!  

10/17   Sunday   2-5:30pm   Lunch Served

SPECIAL GUESTS: Richard Vandersteen, Joe Harley, Bill Low!!!

***Huge STAR* Raffle WITH Audioquest DBS Interconnects AND Speaker Cables!!!  Plus Wonderful CD's, SACD's, and 20 LP's!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Enjoy the reference Vandersteen 5A's!!! Wonderful Listening!  Super Terrific Audio Raffle!  Not to be missed!!!!

NOVEMBER 21:

GRAND TOUR of Manley Laboratories personally conducted by EveAnna Manley, President!

Production Secrets Revealed for the First Time!

11/21  Sunday  2-5:30pm  Lunch Served

HUGE PRIZE: Manley Shrimp Tube Preamp Raffle! [$2000 value] Winner Take All! WOW!!!!!

The SHRIMP Built right before your eyes and ears, and you take it home! UNBELIEVABLE!

See you Oct. 17 at Optimal Enchantment. New members most welcome!

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society

America's Premier Audio Society

laocaudiosociety.com for directions

John Casler

« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2004, 02:46 am »
Looks like this one is in my back yard 8)

Anyone who might want to drop by late morning  before the meeting is welcome to audition the 626Rs and the Son of Ampzilla.

If interested e-mail me.  (or just call)

Mad DOg

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2004, 03:37 am »
Quote from: John Casler

Anyone who might want to drop by late morning  before the meeting is welcome to audition the 626Rs and the Son of Ampzilla.

maybe i just will!  :mrgreen:

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2004, 08:17 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg

maybe i just will!  :mrgreen:

Mad DOg,

Call me about time schedule, and anyone else who might be interested call or post.

Shokunin, did you get over your stuffy head?

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2004, 08:20 pm »
More info about the meeting, below.

Some of these raffle prizes are pretty impressive.  I have used the CV-6 and Jaguar wires and found them to be amoung the best quality. (Especially when used in conjunction with SilClear)

"The AudioQuest and Vandersteen Event of a Lifetime" Now Features Raffle Prizes of a Lifetime!!!!

From Our Friends at AudioQuest...

One pair, 8ft, CV-6 Double-BiWire speaker cable: retail value $800
(Loudspeaker Cable of the Year-- The Absolute Sound)
One pair, 1m, Jaguar DBS RCA interconnect: retail value $300 [Recommended  Accessory in  Oct/Nov TAS]
One pair, 1m, Jaguar DBS RCA interconnect: retail value $300

Prizes Worth $1400 for Lucky Raffle Winners!!!! Thank You AudioQuest!!!!

And just to make this even more phenominal, add SACD's from Sony, DG, And Linn including the Hot New Bryn Terfel Double SACD Set from DG so highly acclaimed in PFO! CD's from BluePort, Verve, Sony and More! DVD Movies Galore with the complete Rocky Movie Set from MGM, Ken Burn's Civil War Complete Collection, and HOT new releases and classics, too! AND, LP's to Die For!! Win the Complete Wagner Ring Cycle on 19 LP's from DG conducted by Von Karajan, UNPLAYED and PERFECT! Plus, test pressings from Classic Records and Speakers Corner! Holy Mackeral, What a Super Terrific Audio Raffle!!!!!!  OVER $2500 in Prizes!!!!

Your Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society and Optimal Enchantment are sparing no expense to make this a Spectacular Event! Great guest presenters! Fantastic music on Vandersteen's finest loudspeakers! Wonderful Lunch, Too! It's All on Sunday, Oct. 17th, 2-5:30pm, at Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica! New members and guests are most welcome! Tell your friends and bring them along! Come early for best seating! This is our final audio dealer event for 2004 so don't miss it!!!!

Great listening and see you on Sunday, October 17th for "The AudioQuest and Vandersteen Event of a Lifetime,"

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society

America's Premier Audio Society

laocaudiosociety.com

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2004, 11:23 pm »

Some of these raffle prizes are pretty impressive.  I have used the CV-6 and Jaguar wires and found them to be amoung the best quality. (Especially when used in conjunction with SilClear)

don't be silly, John!!! if you ANNOUNCE this, our chances for winning are significantly DECREASED!!! What are you thinkin'??? :nono:  :wink:

KeithR

I'm gonna try
« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2004, 11:29 pm »
I haven't ever been to Optimal Enchantment (appt only) and have heard their 5A setup is the best in the States.

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2004, 12:53 am »

don't be silly, John!!! if you ANNOUNCE this, our chances for winning are significantly DECREASED!!! What are you thinkin'??? :nono:  :wink:

Well, I already have a full AQ system so I don't need anymore :lol:

Thought I'd let everyone else have a chance. :wink:

Mad DOg

WOW! What a meeting!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2004, 07:58 am »
Title says it all!  8)

Richard Vandersteen was in attendance sharing his knowledge about speaker design with us...Knowledgeable and down to earth guy!

Bill Low and Steve Niemi of AudioQuest were both in attendance as well!

Randy Cooley of Optimal Enchantment was a gracious host to open up his salon to us. We experienced the Vandersteen 5As driven by world class Audio Research gear! Beautiful sound! Front ends used were DCS CDP, Esoteric UDP (new model), a $5,400 Audio Research CDP and Oracle TT. Cabling was Mt. Everest SC and Sky ICs...Synergy was absolutely splendid!

John Casler

Re: WOW! What a meeting!
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2004, 11:40 pm »
Title says it all!  8)

Richard Vandersteen was in attendance sharing his knowledge about speaker design with us...Knowledgeable and down to earth guy!

Bill Low and Steve Niemi of AudioQuest were both in attendance as well!

Randy Cooley of Optimal Enchantment was a gracious host to open up his salon to us. We experienced the Vandersteen 5As driven by world class Audio Research gear! Beautiful sound! Front ends used were DCS CDP, Esoteric UDP (new model), a $5,400 Audio Research CDP and Oracle TT. Cabling was Mt. Everest SC and Sky ICs...Synergy was absolutely splendid!

I have to agree.

These meetings are fabulous.  Where do you get the chance to talk to such great names in the Audio Industry and hear their thoughts, theories, history, and direction???

And the system was a treat "especially since I jumped right in the sweet seat" and got to hear the real deal. :mrgreen:

For those who weren't there it was great conversation and listening and where can you buy into a raffle where over 70% get something??

The big prize (as far as I'm concerned), was the "Double BiWired pair of AudioQuest CV-6 Speaker Cables with silver spade terminations". :o

Thanks Bill Low and Steve Neimi Of AudioQuest for bringing them.

And also thanks to Richard Vandersteen (of speaker fame) and Randy Cooley (Optimal Enchantment) for the rest.

Look for Randy to have a Dealer listing soon in the dealer sticky. :wink: