Where are all the dirty, sexy, naked Rmaf pics?

Steve Eddy

• http://www.q-audio.com
Re: Where are all the dirty, sexy, naked Rmaf pics?
« Reply #20 on: 14 Oct 2007, 12:59 am »
Nice threadjack Steve.  :roll:  This post is supposed to be about pics of RMAF, not your impressions of technical stuff.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know we weren't supposed to say anything about what was actually in the photographs.

Ok everybody, just shut up and look. No commenting or questions.

se

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #21 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:08 am »
Nice pictures!

And... I wish I could be there!!! It must be super!

Imperial

MaxCast

« Reply #22 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:09 am »
Nice threadjack Steve.  :roll:  This post is supposed to be about pics of RMAF, not your impressions of technical stuff.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know we weren't supposed to say anything about what was actually in the photographs.

Ok everybody, just shut up and look. No commenting or questions.

se

Ah, that's more like it.

aerius

« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2007, 03:17 am »

Well, I guess that answers the question of how many arms can one put on a turntable...

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2007, 03:25 am »
What's all that crap piled up behind the Von Shweikert's? Speaker cables?
They look like electron super highways to me. This is bleeding edge, SOTA physics Steve, way beyond the scope of your EE thinking.
Please stop trying to make judgements until you listen to them. :duh:
Can someone please post some pics of the Feastrex room? They are supposed to be using 5" diameter power cables. I'd like to see the terminations.

cheers,

AJ

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
« Reply #25 on: 14 Oct 2007, 06:14 am »
Ignorant question alert:

Is the point of multiple arms on at TT, just so you can compare cartridges/arms/phonostages/amps etc?  Is that the only reason to have a multi-arm'd octopus like that?

I've never seen one in action..

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #26 on: 14 Oct 2007, 07:42 am »
All right you pervs, here ya go!  aa

Who are these little guys?   Search me, but they're all over the grounds around the hotel. They just come out of the bushes and sit there checkin' out the audiophiles.

Wocky Mountain Bunny Wabbits have good ears y'know  :thumb:

Cheers

Christopher Witmer

« Reply #27 on: 14 Oct 2007, 09:22 am »

AJinFLA, that's one of the "Feastrex" (The Lotus Group, actually) rooms -- I filched the above image from the Audio Federation's RMAF report (http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2007/RMAF2007/day1/index.htm) and then cropped and shrank it to be under 1.5Mb and hosted it over at Imageshack.

There's one more "Feastrex" room and it could be that there are cables different from the ones shown, or perhaps they changed the cables, but I don't see anything that looks like a round cable with a 5" diameter.

-- Chris Witmer

Christopher Witmer

« Reply #28 on: 14 Oct 2007, 09:25 am »

And here's a closeup of one of the units. Now that IS 5 inches in diameter.  :D

linkweewee

« Reply #29 on: 14 Oct 2007, 10:37 am »
This picture just BEGS for some smarmy comments  :green:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #30 on: 14 Oct 2007, 01:51 pm »

AJinFLA, that's one of the "Feastrex" (The Lotus Group, actually) rooms -- I filched the above image from the Audio Federation's RMAF report (http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2007/RMAF2007/day1/index.htm) and then cropped and shrank it to be under 1.5Mb and hosted it over at Imageshack.

There's one more "Feastrex" room and it could be that there are cables different from the ones shown, or perhaps they changed the cables, but I don't see anything that looks like a round cable with a 5" diameter.

-- Chris Witmer

Did you read you own post? http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/12/127682.html
From your "spy": "power cables as thick as my leg (literally probably five inches thick)."
Perhaps a slight exaggeration (as audiophiles tend to do)?

Thank to all for the pics so far.

cheers,

AJ

Christopher Witmer

« Reply #31 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:14 pm »
AJ, I was quoting an email correspondent verbatim; for all I know, he may [not] have been exaggerating -- "audiophiles and fishermen" . . .

But in case it's not clear, I'm writing from Tokyo, not Denver.

Glad you're enjoying everything, "five inch thick" power cables notwithstanding . . .

-- Chris

P.S. Sooner or later someone is going to come out with a 5-inch thick power cable -- longer, thicker, harder -- I'm just praying it's Japanese company so I can be the first to write about it on the English-language Internet.

Christopher Witmer

« Reply #32 on: 14 Oct 2007, 04:02 pm »
There's more RMAF pics at the following site than you can shake a stick at. Quite a good way to get a feel for the whole show.
http://www.audioxsell.com/community/events/7/1206/Rocky-Mountain-Audio-Fest-2007/Feastrex-1.htm

Steve Eddy

• http://www.q-audio.com
« Reply #33 on: 14 Oct 2007, 04:43 pm »
Who are these little guys?   Search me, but they're all over the grounds around the hotel. They just come out of the bushes and sit there checkin' out the audiophiles.

Oh my God! Denny! You found him! You found Bob's bunny! It's gotta be him. Bob's is the only bunny I know who smokes Marlboros.

Hey Bob! Check it out! He wasn't lost after all. He was just busy hoppin' his little bunny ass up to Denver for the show.

se

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2007, 04:56 pm »
Good one   :thumb:

Cheers   :rotflmao:

aerius

« Reply #35 on: 14 Oct 2007, 05:16 pm »
You should see if you can put a pancake on the bunny's head, like in the picture below.

Pez

« Reply #36 on: 15 Oct 2007, 02:48 pm »
Man I look at some of the pics here and think "Was I even at the same show as these guys???" Unfortunately this year time constraints caused me to only be able to see the show half of Saturday and that's it.  RMAF has reached such ridiculously large proportions that I very much doubt you could see the entire show friday, saturday, and sunday all day even if you pressed hard!  On top of that the elevator system at that hotel is just terrible. I maybe saw 4-5% of what was there unfortunately, I will post what little I have in pics later on. 

audioxsel

« Reply #37 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:07 pm »
I know it was really a crazy show this year.  We have three guys constantly running around taking pictures to get the level of coverage we put up, and we wish we could write more about the rooms, but there just isn't enough time.  The show was quite a bit bigger this year than last year.  We have tried to include a list of what new equipment came out this year.

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #38 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:53 pm »
Here is the AV123 2 channel room with x-statik loudspeakers and a x-plosive subwoofer:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #39 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:53 pm »
Our x-sls's sporting some new wood :D