ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?

soundhd

ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?
« on: 16 Jan 2024, 05:04 pm »
I am a new member...well I'm not new (75) but new to this forum....
Anyway have owned a Bluesound home wireless music system for going on 3 years now (my first venture into wireless music sources) and I am happy to say I am very happy with the system. a Vault 2B; (2) Power Node 2's; (2) Node 2i's and a Pulse Speaker/streamer).  Currently have 61,000+ tracks (songs) in the system (using FLAC files). Just wondering who else has a Bluesound system?

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
Re: ANY BLUESOUND SYSTEM OWNERS OUT THERE?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2024, 09:00 pm »
I've been using a Vault (nearly full) and a node, but sold the Pulse Soundbar as it didn't work well at all for TV dialog (but for music was a big improvement). The latest PC controller (4.2.0) was/is a disaster and I had to go back to the last version that worked (4.0.2). When they release a newer, later revision # that works PnP, I'll try it. Hopefully that won't take forever. No complaints about the sound quality.

Zuman

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2024, 09:33 pm »
I use a NAD M50.2 digital player/vault that is part of the same BluOS ecosystem. I run Roon using the NAD as an endpoint and have Roon ROCK on a dedicated NUC. The NAD stores my music on internal drives in a RAID array.
I do not understand why, but replacing the generic Ethernet cable between my NAD and my router with a high-end M101 Nova LAN cable made a huge improvement that even non-audiophiles are stunned by.

AllanS

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2024, 01:38 am »
Welcome aboard! 
I’m somewhat invested in the ecosystem: Vault 2i, Pulse Flex, and a module on a NAD T75.  I’m considering moving the Vault to the desktop system and replacing it in the main system with a non BlueSound streamer but I’m in no hurry.

Rich Carlson

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2024, 11:45 am »
I guess I'm pretty committed to BluOs.  Five Bluesound units in current use (a Vault 2i and 4 Nodes), and a Pulse mini for out on the deck once warm weather gets here.  Three of the systems use external DACs.

SDinFla

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2024, 11:30 pm »
Since upgrading to BluOS4 seems with Amazon Music Prime, only some of my playlists show up in the BluOS UI… but if I go to directly to the Amazon Music App directly all my playlists are there.
Any idea on how to get all of them to show up in the BluOS App ?
I’ve deleted & reinstalled, rebooted, looked on Google and tried all the suggestions and still no luck.
Anyone else experiencing this and possibly have a fix ?

bgorman

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2024, 10:45 pm »
I'm seriously thinking about BlueSound. I've been a Sonos user for over 10 years, with 9 different zones/units. Originally the old ZP80/ZP100, which - will dated - worked flawlessly with a great hardware remote.

But with each update, it gets progressively worse. My updated Sonos system (using the latest hardware) doesn't work at all now, I'll just have to wait and see if Sonos fixes things with another update.

Do BlueSound owners experience such issues? Making the switch will be quite an investment.

AllanS

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jun 2024, 05:42 am »
I've had the T758 for 6+ years and the Vault/Pulse Flex for getting on 5.  Updates are relatively infrequent, go without a hitch, and I've not noticed any degradation in performance.  My only gripe is the T758 drops off the BlueSound app periodically and they've all been giving me fits the last couple of daze but I think the problem has more to do with my wifi mesh than the players.