Our latest builds

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Our latest builds
« Reply #120 on: 18 Jun 2015, 11:55 pm »
I haven't been keeping this thread nearly updated enough, just not enough hours in the day.  But wanted to share a couple new Joule White builds. 

First, imagine this.  You're on vacation in Aruba, and when you get home there are these waiting for you

That's the case with this pair, lucky man!  You can't see the veneer but it's a nice Claro Walnut, the match I did on top will get some future pics, it's a really cool Brindle Walnut bookmatch, and all covered in glass smooth wet-sanded and buffed gloss.  Paint is Earth Metallic, very cool in that it flips from gunmetal grey to brown/bronze depending on light. 

This next Joule White was delivered by me in person to the new owner just North of Tampa Bay.  It was a full system setup, speakers, amp, dac, music server, cables ... the works.  Needless to say he's over the moon!  But I just wanted to show this picture because I think it's gorgeous, I think for my personal pair of Joule they will have this same color scheme.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #121 on: 19 Jun 2015, 09:25 am »
 :o

Truly beautiful, and you weren't kidding on the gloss!  Indeed, that will be something worth coming back to Michigan for.  Can't wait to hear them!

Ryan

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #122 on: 19 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm »

Truly beautiful, and you weren't kidding on the gloss!  Indeed, that will be something worth coming back to Michigan for.  Can't wait to hear them!

Ryan

Hey Ryan (the lesser) - get on a plane. NOW!!!

These look fantastic, congrats!

Todd

spreadspectrum

« Reply #123 on: 19 Jun 2015, 12:17 pm »
Hey Ryan (the lesser) - get on a plane. NOW!!!

These look fantastic, congrats!

Todd

Believe me, it is tempting!  They are all I can think, and talk about - much to my wife and kid's chagrin.

Still, given what it costs to get here, I should probably squeeze maximum enjoyment out of it while I can.  I should, after all, have essentially the rest of my lifetime with those speakers!

dpatters

« Reply #124 on: 19 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm »

Ryan
Wow :thumb:

Welcome to the Vapor Joule club Ryan!  That is certainly an awesome coming home present.
I'm loving every minute with mine.

Don P.

Berto

« Reply #125 on: 27 Jun 2015, 04:28 am »
Believe me, it is tempting!  They are all I can think, and talk about - much to my wife and kid's chagrin.

Still, given what it costs to get here, I should probably squeeze maximum enjoyment out of it while I can.  I should, after all, have essentially the rest of my lifetime with those speakers!

Speaks are nothing short of stunning. Love to hear updates when time allows. Enjoy!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #126 on: 21 Jan 2016, 08:49 pm »
A few new pictures to share, first a Nimbus Black that I delivered to their new owner in Poplar Bluff, MO about 6 weeks ago.  These have nice upgrades such as Clarity MR caps.  Paint is a Lexus Gunmetal Grey on front, and piano black on the sides.  Many, many hours of wet sanding and buffing done here! 

And then a Perfect Storm/Joule Black hybrid that's heading to the beautiful island of Cyprus.  These are a very special pair of speakers, in the near future I'll start a thread just about them.  But first a full view shot:

And for anybody still doubting our ability to create exceptional finishes, here's a 100% crop from the picture above.  The man hours and attention to detail it takes to create this from nothing but a stack of Birch Ply is mind boggling. 

I mean, just look at that reflection!

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #127 on: 22 Jan 2016, 07:32 pm »
Wow, those Joule/Storm hybrids look amazing, I can guess those would be my personal favorites judging by hearing the J. Black and PS White the last 2 years at RMAF.