New GR Neo 3 tweeters are here.

Captainhemo

Re: New GR Neo 3 tweeters are here.
« Reply #220 on: 13 Aug 2018, 08:36 pm »
Jay,

It doesn't surprise me they sound different. I don't know how Mivera uses the module but PS Audio does some major reworking. It would be interesting to listen to the two amps side by side.

In my case, my Stellar preamp has both balanced and single ended outputs so I can run the balanced output through a balanced filter (needs 2 caps per channel) then into the balanced inputs on the power amp and the single ended outputs directly to the A370 plate amp.

Mike

The  Steller uses the  old  (many yers I think) AS/700  module, totally different  amps (unless I've missed PS Audio releasing something  new based on the new  technology) .....

jay

jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #221 on: 13 Aug 2018, 08:40 pm »
Jay,

They use the 1200 then rework parts of it to their specs

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #222 on: 13 Aug 2018, 08:48 pm »
I haven't seen that one, will have to go have a  look  !

jay

their Steller  amp use the  old  ICP AS 700 Mike,  I see nothing  about  them using the new  1200's

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #223 on: 13 Aug 2018, 09:32 pm »
Jay,

I thought I saw in an Ask Paul segment they were using the AS1200. I just called PS Audio and found out I was wrong. In the Stellar M700 mononlocks they use the AS700 module but in my S300 stereo amp they use the AS300 module. So that is probably going to be quite a bit different than the Mivera amp.

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #224 on: 14 Aug 2018, 03:39 am »
Jay,

I thought I saw in an Ask Paul segment they were using the AS1200. I just called PS Audio and found out I was wrong. In the Stellar M700 mononlocks they use the AS700 module but in my S300 stereo amp they use the AS300 module. So that is probably going to be quite a bit different than the Mivera amp.

Mike

Yeah,     figured there was  a  bit a of  "disconnect"  there... no worries.
You  do need to hear one of the new  amps,   different   animals all together, IMHO, all  good and I  think there  a  lot   who'd agreee..... I've seen some pretty  "high end"  amps  swapped out  for these..  No going back to  anything  at this point    !

jay

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #225 on: 14 Aug 2018, 03:47 am »
I agree completely

Captainhemo

« Reply #226 on: 4 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm »
Here's the first set of finished  cabs for the  new  Neo3/Neo10 OB's.  We did these up for  HAL (Rich in  Aegean Blue).... he'll  have them  at  CAF 2018 so  you'll be able to stop by and  have a  listen/look.

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #227 on: 4 Oct 2018, 11:31 pm »
Jay,
Made my neck hurt! LOL

Captainhemo

« Reply #228 on: 4 Oct 2018, 11:40 pm »
yeah, funny.... it was upright  everytime I viewed it locally, then when I up'd it  here it  rotated.  resaved the original  image in PS , updated in  my gallery  ...... it's fine  now  :beer:

jay

ebag4

« Reply #229 on: 5 Oct 2018, 12:24 am »
Very nice Jay!  Are those holes in the wing for the speaker post?  Neat idea!

Best,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #230 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:15 am »
Very nice Jay!  Are those holes in the wing for the speaker post?  Neat idea!

Best,
Ed

Yeah, did  it specifically for  Rich's  active version, had planned to  just  keep    the passive GR version   as a solid wing .  figured most  would  want to just  add  the tube connectors to  a cross over  board.

jay

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #231 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:16 am »
That looks like such a high quality finish job.  Beautiful, great work Jay!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #232 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:40 am »
Jay,

Does this mean you have flatpacks available for this design now?

Captainhemo

« Reply #233 on: 5 Oct 2018, 01:54 am »
That looks like such a high quality finish job.  Beautiful, great work Jay!

Thanks  ,  ourr painter always comes through  for  us.

Mike, yeah, we  have a  few in stock for  both  the  passive  GR version and a few for the  active  HAL version.  One of the gR pairs has your name on it  and I  should have a few  pairs of the   revised Wedgies  in stock  next  week..... again, a pair  has  your  name  on it.
both version  can  now  be  easily cut if  demand is there,  I  just  did  a small run of each   to get things  started.

We also  sent  a hopefully  final prototype of the  S7 baffle to Danny   ,  hoping he'll have it  real soon.

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #234 on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:09 pm »
We also  sent  a hopefully  final prototype of the  S7 baffle to Danny   ,  hoping he'll have it  real soon.

jay

:bounce: :rock: :hyper: :eyebrows:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #235 on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:12 pm »
Here's the first set of finished  cabs for the  new  Neo3/Neo10 OB's.  We did these up for  HAL (Rich in  Aegean Blue).... he'll  have them  at  CAF 2018 so  you'll be able to stop by and  have a  listen/look.

Those look amazing!!

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #236 on: 18 Oct 2018, 05:01 pm »
Thanks Tyson

Most of the development of these  speakers  has been posted in this thread  so might as well continue here....
Cabinets arrive safe and sound at HAL  yesterday.  Rich has them  fitted out  and wired along with the  dual 12 modular servo subs in satin/hot-rod black.  Here they are  ready  for  some   tunes :dance:

He'll likely post  some listening impressions here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=153244.140

jay

maty

« Reply #237 on: 27 Jan 2020, 10:39 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #238 on: 28 Jan 2020, 01:44 pm »
Neo3-Off BG vs GR vs Sounderlink

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planars-and-exotics/347386-neo3-bg-vs-gr-vs-sounderlink.html

A lot of graphs.

Trying to take distortion measurements in a room.... :duh:

He needs to give them a listening comparison.

maty

« Reply #239 on: 28 Jan 2020, 02:11 pm »
I agree but... the same problem is with ALL tweeters measured so the graphics should not differ just, that is the question.