RMAF

mca

Re: RMAF
« Reply #40 on: 29 Oct 2010, 06:39 am »

What is the gear on the center rack of this picture?

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #41 on: 29 Oct 2010, 11:11 am »
They're PSU's i believe, the one that is live is no doubt powering the Two.2 with 29v.

There is a nice collection of power sources in the picture arranged around the amplifiers, all of which offer a difference to the sound and staging (depending on the quality of your MAINS at home/listening space).

Hope i'm right, what do i win  8)

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #42 on: 29 Oct 2010, 10:52 pm »
You're wrong but you still win.

The black things on the bottom are Vinnie's PSUs.

The middle rack is all DACs except for the TWO.  Antelope on the right and another on the left. 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #43 on: 29 Oct 2010, 11:45 pm »
The other DAC you mention doesn't happen to be new Virtue
DAC does it???

dvenardos

« Reply #44 on: 30 Oct 2010, 11:37 pm »
Virtue DAC is in the intergalactic waste bin.

The other DAC you mention doesn't happen to be new Virtue
DAC does it???

Jack Caldwell

« Reply #45 on: 6 Nov 2010, 01:04 am »
Hi All, Jack Caldwell from Holistic Audio Arts here. It was a blast getting to hang with the Virtue team!

Sorry about the website not being up yet, I had something almost together and then... just couldn't get it to work. It's in the re-do process right now.
Plus, in the last two weeks we've had some really great show reviews from StereoMojo and StereoTimes and we have to put those comments in the web site info for sure!

However, our first series of PDF product sheets ARE ready, just drop us a note at holisticaudio@yahoo.com and we'll zip em out to you!

About the silver boxes in the photos: no, not PSU's!! those are some really beautiful sounding DACs from ANEDIO. They sound extremely clear and dynamic, very "juicy" and have awesome sound from USB input, one of the best USB I've ever heard.
Great headphone output too, and their remote volume control is very refined, 1/2dB steps. This is a great DAC for those who use their computer as transport/music server. All kinds of thanks to James Kang for so generously lending them to us for RMAF.

BTW, for those who were confused by the names: our official company name is Holistic Audio Arts, we changed it a few weeks before the show, but RMAF lost the change info when we changed room locations and listed us with our "older" moniker, Holographic Audio Arts... whew.... change is good... sometimes. :duh:

Now for some good news: We are about to offer a special on our smaller speakers, will announce via email, so get on our list!

All the Best!

Jack Caldwell

« Reply #46 on: 6 Nov 2010, 01:20 am »
Here are the links to the Show Awards from StereoMojo:
http://www.stereomojo.com/RMAF%202010/RockyMountainAudioFest2010BestofShowAwards.htm

We (Holistic + Virtue) also got honorable mention for Best Sound at the show. It's too bad the StereoMojo guys didn't hear the system on Sunday after I tweaked the system, it was waay better than what they heard on Friday/Saturday

Not that i need to preach this to this choir, but one of the reasons our speakers sounded so good was the use of Virtue amps. We voiced our speakers using Virtue, and we recommend Virtue, even for our uber-expensive rig which is Bi-Amped.
Our big speakers present 4 Ohm loads, and when driven by a good battery PS like the RedWine Audio units we used at the show, the sound was truly awesome. And it got plenty loud, even for those who wanted it REALLY loud.  So it's safe to say that Virtue amps can indeed satisfy the secret "Loud-iophile" some of us have in us, even though they always keep that tremendous refinement and holographic core. We love these amps! Keep 'em coming Seth!!

Oh, and check out the report from Clement Perry at StereoTimes:

The Holistic Audio/Virtue Audio system totally knocked me off my feet. Having heard the aforementioned setups above (with the Duevels located in an adjacent room next to the Holistic Audio), and living daily with the omni-directional Bolzano Villetri Campanili, I was not prepared for what I heard in the Holistic Audio H3 loudspeakers ($22k).

In short: I've not heard a omni-directional speaker focus images with the same level of exactness AND on a three-dimensional plane. When you're walking any show of this size, attempting to hear as much as I do from such a variety of rooms every few minutes - after awhile, truth be told - many rooms start to sound like typical hi-fi: which to me spells BORING. No, not the Holistic Audio setup. As a matter of fact, driven by Virtue Audio super-inexpensive digital (Tripath) amplifiers, I was stuck in that room trying to make sense of what I was hearing in this room that sounded so much to me like music.  I'm told the Holistic Audio smaller $1,800.00 omni-speaker (photo above rear) is a very similar sounding to its bigger sibling minus some lower bass octaves.