Emotiva Receiver Trade In Program!

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« on: 11 Mar 2005, 10:34 pm »
You read right! For the month of March ONLY AV123 will be offering a trade-in upgrade program on ANY AND ALL A/V receivers and separates towards our new reference DMC-1 and MPS-1 pre/pro and amplifier combo. Ready to see what the talk is all about...but don't know what to do with that perfectly good receiver sitting in your rack? Let us worry about it! Details are as follows...

*Trade in any 2004-2005 Model Year A/V receiver (3805 for example) and receive 80% of the original MSRP in credit towards the Emotiva "Big Dog" Combo! That's $960.00 off with a 3805 trade-in (which is likely more than most people paid for the receiver in the first place)!

*Trade in any 2002-2003 Model Year Receiver (3803 for example) and receive 70% in credit off Emotiva.

*Trade in any 2001-2002 Model Year Receiver (3802 for example) and receive 60% in credit off Emotiva.

...you get the idea :)

Maximum allowable credit is $2000.00. Think that's good news? How about this...AV123 Family pricing is applicable to the above offers - that's an additional $500.00 discount too all existing AV123 customers!

Unfortunately this offer is limited to the Emotiva combo only and does not apply to either the pre/pro or amplifier individually...Emo UL is not included.

Hurry...less than 3 weeks remain!

Best of luck :drums:

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2005, 10:39 pm »
do you guys have a in house shrink  :?:

you might want to spend a few dollars and have the water  checked -you guys are crazy :lol:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2005, 10:58 pm »
Being sane is boring :)

drunkonjack

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2005, 11:19 pm »
Holy Crap.............this is a good deal  :P

To bad I already own Emotiva  :lol:

MikeL

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2005, 11:57 pm »
Hey DJ... I am about ready to get the sledge hammer out and make this thing fit in my entertainment center now... haha.
MikeL

drunkonjack

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2005, 12:24 am »
Mike do it carfully  :nono:  That is one nice looking oak center you have.

But you will surely love the way Emotiva sounds  :P

MikeL

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2005, 04:00 pm »
I know and I hate to miss out.  Am thinking about the UL but really want the big dog ya know.  The only way I could make it work would be to buy a new big screen like a DLP or similar with shelves below it as they don't have to go all the way to the floor like my Pioneer RPTV.  Problem is thats a lot of money as I was not planning on upgrading my TV for a year or two more.  Its only 2 years old now.....  Expensive upgrade to do at once to make the EMO work....  I have exactly 18 1/4th width and 21 3/4 deep to work with.  That would have to include wires and such.  Obviously the pre/pro would work but don't know about the amp.  Would that be enough room with the wires?

Thanks...  should have hit you up over on the 123 forum but since this started here why not.

Eric D

« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2005, 04:16 pm »
Quote from: MikeL
I know and I hate to miss out.  Am thinking about the UL but really want the big dog ya know.  

Me too Mike.  If the deal was just on the preamp without the amp, I might have gone for it, but the path I'm on, I don't see the need for the 7-channel amp.  I also gotta admit I'm waiting to see what the "L" is like, and I'm also kind of waiting to see if some of the other DSPs get incorporated into the pre/pros, and at what level.

But it is a good deal for those that it works for.  In that case, I second the comment about not touching your oak pieces.  Do you think you could get permission to mount the big dogs somewhere outside the entertainment center for the next year or two until you get the vieo upgrade?

good luck,

P.S.  welcome to AC.  I've been here and at HTF ever since tiring of the environment at AVS.  AC is definitely more audio-oriented.  Spend some time exploring the other mfr forums.

drunkonjack

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2005, 04:27 pm »
Mike it might work if you don't push the amp all the way into the shelf . Ya know having it stick out a bit . Not sure if that is something you want to do . Like I said you need 22'' deep minimum for that amp and that is tight with cables . It is a big S.O.B .

But You know how much I've been enjoying it  :D

MikeL

« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2005, 07:53 pm »
Yes thats what tics me off is how muc your enjoying it. haha....
The 22" thing is it, the glass doors close onto the front of everything at that point.  So its just not going to do it.  I was looking at some Harmon Kardon receivers the other day and their top line is also like 22" deep.  Just can win.... I will have to wait and see what the UL offers if I can wait that long....  See ya back at the farm...
Mike

MikeL

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2005, 07:55 pm »
Thanks for the welcome Eric.... Never been here until last week.  Looks great.  I spend most of my computer time now over on the 123 fourm and at the Spot where I moderate a forum there.  Needed somthing different besides AVS which is makeing me illl.... Thanks again.
Mike L.

drunkonjack

« Reply #11 on: 19 Mar 2005, 02:26 am »
Mike , If it were me and I've done it before..............Cut the back out of that cabinet !  :o

bubba966

« Reply #12 on: 19 Mar 2005, 02:29 am »
Quote from: MikeL
The 22" thing is it, the glass doors close onto the front of everything at that point.  So its just not going to do it.

Take the doors off the front, or take a Sawzall to the back. Either way will make 'em fit...