The P3a is getting kind of long in the tooth

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
Re: don't hold your breath...
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2003, 01:06 pm »
Quote from: cab
Let me start out by saying that I have owned a P3 and P1 for what seems like 3 years or maybe a bit more. I have had all the Modwright mods done to the P3, and am basically happy with it. I have had several hardware/software issues with each unit, and have had to send them back to the factory for repair/modification on more than one occasion. PT has always taken care of the problems in an exemplary fashion....That's the good news.

The bad news? Vaporware. I originally purchased the P1-P3 combo as a resul ...

... actually, the wait has been even longer than that.

The good news is (while I almost never say stuff like this anymore about P-1A)... SOCS will finally being at the first of the year... The final verison is up and running... and life is good...

Painful wait... financially of course... but for me --- even more so *emotionally*...

Please be patient one last time with us... The results are mind-bending... as we are able to do it now... better than ever (at last)...

Humbly...

mls

Rocket

pt support
« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2003, 12:55 am »
hi mark,

just like to say that the support your company has given me has been excellent.

i have had a couple of issues with my pt gear and steve and greg have been excellent.

regards

rod

ps also thanks for supporting the work of modwright, what an upgrade to the stock p3a.

mlschifter

Re: pt support
« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2003, 02:17 am »
Quote from: Rocket
hi mark,

just like to say that the support your company has given me has been excellent.

i have had a couple of issues with my pt gear and steve and greg have been excellent.

regards

rod

ps also thanks for supporting the work of modwright, what an upgrade to the stock p3a.

You are more than welcome...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

PLMONROE

« Reply #23 on: 22 Feb 2004, 12:09 am »
So, its (well) past the first of the year. What is the latest on SOCS?

mlschifter

Thanks for your post...
« Reply #24 on: 22 Feb 2004, 06:40 am »
Quote from: PLMONROE
So, its (well) past the first of the year. What is the latest on SOCS?

Greetings from PanYu City, PRC...

Well, we released a few P-1A's last week with SOCS, and the early results are (how do I say this correctly)... great...  :)

It's up top Greg and the guys... but it looks like we can now fill all of our P-1A orders for Rocket RS 750's... and while we are doing this... we will also be convolving all new correction sets (with the 9 curves built in) for all of the speakers we have in our limited library...

The news is all good from the USA... so, please connect with our guys back home and let them know what you might need...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

PLMONROE

« Reply #25 on: 22 Feb 2004, 05:27 pm »
Are you at liberty to say what other speakers are in your limited library at this time? (VMPS RM-40s I hope). Thank you.

Paul

jackman

« Reply #26 on: 22 Feb 2004, 05:35 pm »
I listened to the SOCS at a friend's house (Hectic Bob) on the 750's and must compliment Mark and the gang at AV123.  It was a definite improvement and very impressive.  I have always considered the 750's very good HT speakers and decent 2 channel speakers (especially the version with the new crossovers), however the SOCS took them to a whole new level.  They projected a soundstage that was very large and realistic.  

I only heard a beta version that didn't include all the new technology had to offer, but it was enough to make me a believer in the potential of this technology.  I look forward to hearing the full version and the room correction software.  Great job AV123 and congratulations on bringing this cutting edge technology to the masses!  Also, congratulations on having the patients and discipline to wait until you were 100% confident in this technology before making it available to the public.  I have seen you take a lot of heat over the length of time it took to make this available, and understand that it was probably tempting to launch it as soon as possible, but you stuck to your guns and did it right.  All the best on your very impressive new development.

Jack

mlschifter

« Reply #27 on: 27 Feb 2004, 03:46 am »
Quote from: jackman
I listened to the SOCS at a friend's house (Hectic Bob) on the 750's and must compliment Mark and the gang at AV123.  It was a definite improvement and very impressive.  I have always considered the 750's very good HT speakers and decent 2 channel speakers (especially the version with the new crossovers), however the SOCS took them to a whole new level.  They projected a soundstage that was very large and realistic.  

I only heard a beta version that didn't include all the new technology had to offer, bu ...

Thanks Jack...

:)

All the best to you and yours...

mls