Anarchy Voice Coil Review

Kevin Haskins

Anarchy Voice Coil Review
« on: 3 Mar 2010, 05:09 pm »
I sent a couple Anarchys to Voice Coil for review.   Voice Coil is more of an industry trade magazine for audio engineers than it is a consumer level gear reviewing publication so the review is heavy on measurement and engineering details, short on opinion.    I know that appeals to some and not to others.    To do a subjective review you have to use it in a design so I'll leave that to others and eventually I'll get around to doing a finished loudspeaker using them.

But... for those who like to look at wiggly lines and try and interpret them, here is the skinny.

http://www.audioamateurinc.com/digital/vc/issue/310/

Pages 16-23

If you have any questions about the measurements or the design choices used in the driver this is the place to ask.   

kfr01

Re: Anarchy Voice Coil Review
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2010, 04:02 am »
Kevin:

Looks good.  Any hints as to when we'll see a new speaker design using them? 

Cheers, kfr

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2010, 12:01 am »
At some point I'll get around to designing some speakers.   Right now I'm in the middle of another project and I just don't have the time.    The plan is that I'll have some completed speakers not kits.    I already have a monitor design done using the Hypex DSP based system and I'd like to leverage that to do a tower and perhaps a dipole.

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2010, 09:09 pm »
Mr. Haskins,

I was unable to locate the PRAT Graphs. :green:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2010, 09:22 pm »
Mr. Haskins,

I was unable to locate the PRAT Graphs. :green:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Well Terry... I've done some research and I've found a way to measure PRAT.  Maybe I should say that I've found a way to insure it.    It is a trade secret though and it involves the use of illegal substances so I'm not sure how valuable it is on a commercial basis anyway.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2010, 11:15 pm »
So are these wires useful for winding speaker voice coils?

I am wondering.

Frank