Bicycling Off-Road

Endo2112

• Particularist
Re: Bicycling Off-Road
« Reply #1280 on: 6 Jun 2018, 02:40 am »
This is my second Knolly, best ride I've ever had period, and I've owned many.  This Warden is 27.5 as I've not quite gotten to the 29 inch wheels yet, apparently I'm a slow adapter, heck,  I just tried class D for the first time!! If you eventually get one, you will love it.

Cheers,

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #1281 on: 6 Jun 2018, 04:18 am »
Here in the McDowell Sonoran desert, we're now riding at sunrise to get finished before it gets too hot.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #1282 on: 6 Jun 2018, 03:21 pm »
That trail looks nice Dave!

Sadly, I'm already out for the summer.  Going downhill way too fast and missed my corner at Red Rocks (Colo. Spgs) week before last  :slap:  Ruined my golf season too.

I hope you heal up and can get back to it quickly! Stay active is my best suggestion, people tend to give up and lose a ton of fitness when recovering, I've made that mistake... 

I injured my left shoulder about 1.5 years ago, it's no fun. I lost my long head bicep tendon, rotator cuff muscles have been weak but are now starting to get stronger. That bicep tendon was causing issues that are now clearing up after it ruptured. The surgeon calls it "Elway Arm" after John Elway's rupture in '97. He went on to win the superbowl that year and the next year so I should be ok. It looks weird though, more of the bicep muscle is near the forearm vs the right side.

Endo, a friend of mine still rides a Knolly Chilcotin (I think! :)), looks like the same bike but it's 26". There's getting to be a lot of older riders, keep doing it... it keeps us looking young! Yoga and weights seem to be   very important too. The 40+ age group is actually extremely fast at races here in CO, the winner of the 40+ category would have been top 20 in the pro category and beat the 21-39 y/o amateur winner easily. :)

Tone Depth, we're still busting through snow drifts here in CO! :)

ASCTLC

« Reply #1283 on: 6 Jun 2018, 04:50 pm »
Thanks Dave, I'm trying/hoping.

Got 2 broken ribs too (in back near my spine) and these are the most painful part of all this.  Hurts to breath, hurts to walk, and sleeping sucks.  And I hear these take months to get over.  All on my dominant side  :cry:

Of course, I nearly dislocated the thumb on my non-dominant hand so very painful to make a fist and can't hold anything of any weight.  As most mtn bikers know, those "nearly dislocated" finger injuries always seem to take at least a year to get pain free.

At 54, I figure if I can do well to overcome 17 years of desk job I can surely get past a number of months with this.  But backpacking, archery hunting, shooting the big rifle elk hunting, and all the fun stuff that suits me is blown this year :roll:  Let's just hope I don't over compensate with increased cooking that I love to do.

Doublej

« Reply #1284 on: 7 Jun 2018, 03:01 am »
If it makes you feel any better... many years ago I was hiking up a mountain with a friend and as we were trekking along he said recently on this trail a mountain biker coming down missed a turn and went off the side of the mountain. RIP mountain biker.