Lenehan Audio ML1

groovybassist

Lenehan Audio ML1
« on: 15 Jul 2009, 05:28 am »
For those interested, great new review of the ML1s at www.sonicflare.com - congrats Mike Lenehan!

-Mike

Zero

Re: Lenehan Audio ML1
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2009, 04:08 am »
As you well know, I'd still be trotting along the audio plains completely unaware of Lenehan Audio had it not been for your encouraging me to give them a whirl. Just as I'm glad that you pointed them out, I am even more satisfied to have had the opportunity to hear what they can do. I know many people will be put off of the idea of buying a product they've never heard of directly from a country that is halfway on the other side of the globe, but those few that do should be pretty satisfied with the purchase. Although I don't necessarily agree with the hype of them' being 'the best monitors, EVUH!", as professed by some... there is no questioning that these speakers hold a tremendous value!

Soon I'll be able to hear the ML1/Naim combo, which I believe is what you are still running. Can't wait to check it out!

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:59 am »
Holy crap, stuff me sideways, sixways from sunday, slippery, sticky and sweaty!
I just heard these speakers at a Sydney Audio Store and dam they were impessive!
Normally I like my speakers to look and be as big & impressive as the sound, and while these do look amazing, they are just cute little speakers, but the sound is incredile and huge!
I love my bass and have heard a few pairs of very large speakers that were supposed to play flat into the low 20's that didnt have enough bass for my tastes, strangely enough, these did not leave me wanting at all!
I had noneof my own music with me, so cant tell you how they compare to what I am used to, but dam did they sound really really impressive!
Honestly, (and probably luckily) if i hdidnt have bills taking all my spare cash, I would hopefully have them here right now for test drive on my own system.
Admittedly, they were driven by aparently a $20K Krell CD player and 600 watt Krell mono blocks which couldnt have hurt the listening situation at all!
All up, really impresive sound   :D

groovybassist

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2009, 05:23 am »
Glad you liked 'em! 

Zero:  I am indeed running them with a Naim rig - look forward to your thoughts.  I'm sure they're not the best monitors ever, but they're the first speaker I've had in a long time that's made me stop wanting to pursue alternatives.  Great speaker at a great price.

-Mike

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2009, 02:34 pm »
Yeah, they worked, but groovy, just curious how u fit into the ML1 story, did u design them or something?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep 2009, 04:05 am »
Yeah, they worked, but groovy, just curious how u fit into the ML1 story, did u design them or something?

From a past thread.....here..... :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2009, 06:30 am »
I just noticed.... :duh:

They will be at RMAF ......Room 500 ....I'll finally get to hear them... 8)

http://audiofest.net/2009/exhibitors_profile.php?gbID=1229&Sid=1f620121dd7ce3ce206cd6d3692ed999

http://www.lenehanaudio.com.au/

Toon

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2009, 10:02 am »
There's also an article just put up on recent changes to the ML1's construction:

http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=2857

Zero

« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2009, 07:12 pm »
Not only have the ML1's I reviewed been replaced by the upgraded "plus" version (as seen/heard at RMAF), but there will be a new "Signature" version that should become available anytime now. The ML1 Signature will be Mike's uncompromising expression of the ML1 concept. The parts that will be used inside the ML1 Signatures are truly reference caliber. I will likely be taking them for a spin sometime either late this year or early 2010, so suffice to say, I'm excited to receive that particular shipment!

BobM

« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2009, 07:21 pm »
Thanks for posting the link to their website Chris. I tried to Google them but their website wasn't found. Based on the raves I've read in the RMAF threads these little gems sound like a winner.

Bob

santacore

« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2009, 07:25 pm »
Bob,

I just checked the site and it's says $2750 AUS, which is about $2500 US. I think the $400 is just for shipping. They sure do look nice though.

BobM

« Reply #11 on: 6 Oct 2009, 07:27 pm »
Yikes, you're right. I thought the pulldown was for the whole price and didn;t see what was printed to the left. That kind of puts them out of budget territory for sure.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: 7 Oct 2009, 03:43 am »
Thanks for posting the link to their website Chris. I tried to Google them but their website wasn't found. Based on the raves I've read in the RMAF threads these little gems sound like a winner.

Bob

The more I think about them Bob (after my listen)....and having heard many, many, many speakers (as you know)....I'd say they are a good buy at the asking price. For a small speaker like that to sound that good....pretty nice....I was impressed !  8)

That kind of puts them out of budget territory for sure.

Might be over your budget....and the US dollar is falling....but they are very good. Very few small speakers sound that good.... :wink:

Zero...
Not only have the ML1's I reviewed been replaced by the upgraded "plus" version (as seen/heard at RMAF), but there will be a new "Signature" version that should become available anytime now. The ML1 Signature will be Mike's uncompromising expression of the ML1 concept. The parts that will be used inside the ML1 Signatures are truly reference caliber. I will likely be taking them for a spin sometime either late this year or early 2010, so suffice to say, I'm excited to receive that particular shipment!

You should have a great time with them....I'll watch for your comments....enjoy. :thumb:

LenehanAudio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2009, 02:53 pm »
Hello to all ! my apologies for not saying hello to you guys earlier . I'm doing 80hrs a week at the moment and would need five heads to accomodate all the hats I've been attempting to ware !!
             The site will be updated soon (hat number 4 ) with info on the new ML1Plus and also the ML1Reference. I'm very happy that the ML1 has been so well recieved and with an additional staff member now I'm flat out on the ML1 stands and ML2 and ML3. Thankyou again for your support ,without dedicated audiophiles boutigue manufacturers like myself would not be around.      Mike Lenehan

richidoo

« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2009, 07:03 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle Mike! I have been enjoying reading about your speakers. I look forward to hearing them for myself asap.

BobM

« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2009, 07:09 pm »
Mee too. Let us know if a pair get shipped to the NYC area so we can get an audition.

shep

« Reply #16 on: 16 Oct 2009, 07:14 pm »
Scratch my itch! (sorry, couldn't resist since we were just "talking" about these elsewhere.)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2011, 03:34 pm »
Mee too. Let us know if a pair get shipped to the NYC area so we can get an audition.

We had the ML-1 Sing. at our multi club meeting featuring an all Bryston system. The ML-1's were very impressive. Took the show as the synergy was most surprising.
 So impressed actually we at SMA have taken the line on for our home demo program.  :thumb:

charles
SMA Lenahan dealer USA

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #18 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:47 pm »
  The S2 is in NYC. Great job Mike.

charles