Frozen Stiff In Indiana

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Frozen Stiff In Indiana
« on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:20 pm »
Friends,

There may be a few of you that have been trying to reach us this week to no avail.  We really got blasted with the snow & cold so we've all stayed home since Tuesday morning.  I'm writing this from home just to let you all know we should be back at the shop come Monday.  I don't have the business e-mail set up at home so this was about the only way I could think of to let you all know.

Boy... you wanna talk cold.  Brrrr...!  :o It was -37 degrees F last night with the wind chill.  I made good use of the time this week by putting some floor insulation (that I've had piled up for years now) in an office & bath addition that only has a crawl space.  Talk about a nasty job.  This old "barn" I live in has places even the spiders won't go.  Well, now those 2 rooms are warmer than they have ever been... but I woke up this morning only to find the toilet water line is now frozen.  Figures.  :roll:  No good deed goes unpunished.  After writing this I'll be back under the floor installing heat tape and pipe insulation.

Remember when you were a kid and you looked forward to "snow days?"  Well... those days are long gone.  :cry:

-Bob

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Frozen Stiff In Indiana
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:26 pm »
Bob,
Stay warm.  I was listening to our wonderful Revelations last night, and went over to the light switch.  Man!!!  Cold air blowing in through many cracks and crevices, even the light switch.  You can really tell when it's 70 inside and thirteen below outside!!  My HT/music room has 3 outside walls!!  Guess I need to arctic-ize...winterize is not enough.  Bring on global warming!!

bbchem

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2009, 10:50 pm »
 :D :D :D

Youse Guys have to move to Florida, we are freezing this morning with the Temp at >> 47 above BRRRRRRRRRR!

Speakers sound warmer when its warmer also, that temperature warm not sound warm.

Living in New York most of my life, I don't miss the cold but -37 ??? Thats un- thinkable!!

aa  :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2009, 12:52 am »
Hang in there Bob. I know the feeling. It was -17 (17 below) when I got up this morning but we had a warm up today and reach 8 degrees above. From what I understand, it's only suppose to go down to -12 (12 below) tonight :green:

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2009, 12:55 am »
-19 yesterday, +20 degrees today so it's a veritable heat wave  8)

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2009, 12:56 am »
Stay Warm!
Mike