ITS TIME FOR THE TIMEPIECE REVIEW!!

bbchem

ITS TIME FOR THE TIMEPIECE REVIEW!!
« on: 10 Jan 2009, 02:22 pm »
 :D :beer: :drums: :tempted: :xmas: :bounce:

I have to take a deep breadth and calm myself down. I was a Mini owner first before trading for a Timepiece 3.0 from ThetaAlpha970
As all of you know you have read my babbling and fawning over the Minis, and that has not changed. What has changed is whats added with the Timepiece.  I have them for about 3 weeks and my ears are thanking me over and over. I dropped them in where the Minis were but switched from a Tad -60 tube amp to a Rogue 90 for more power. Again, the simple description is this >>

TAKE A FULL RANGE DYNAMIC SPEAKER WITH SUPER SLAM AND COMBINE IT WITH AN ELECTROSTATIC WIDE RANGE PANEL AND MATE THOSE TO AN OMNI DIRECTIONAL  BOXLESS SPEAKER AND YOU HAVE THE SOUND OF THE TIMEPIECE.

What this means and the sonic signature of the TP is much like the Minis except with more of the good things and then some!! Not to repeat add Nauseum that I have had over 30 different pair of loudspeaker, and heard dozens more at shows. If there is one speaker that everyone must own its one of the SP TECHs. I feel that all other speakers must be measured against this line as a reference to whats almost perfect in sound reproduction. I can't visulaize anything sounding better. Thanks again Dave!!  :thumb: :thumb:

thetaalpha970

Re: ITS TIME FOR THE TIMEPIECE REVIEW!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2009, 03:32 pm »
NO problem. Review forthcoming about the minis.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2009, 03:57 pm »
This is certainly music to my ears!  :green:

I'm in the same about to be position. Current owner of Mini's with TP 3.0's on order. As much as I like my mini's with the Spectron amp, I get all giddy thinking what's about to be.

And then I read a post like this, well you can guess.

Bob does good stuff, doesn't he?  :thumb:

Gene

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2009, 06:10 pm »
:D :beer: :drums: :tempted: :xmas: :bounce:

I have to take a deep breadth and calm myself down.

Good idea Bill.....stay calm....you now own an even better speaker. 8)

That's not to say that the Minis are any lesser in quality, the TP's just give you even more of "the good stuff". Both are great speakers....and I'm very happy owning both !!! :hyper: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Enjoy..... :beer:

Chris

bbchem

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2009, 10:35 pm »
 :lol:

I have to say, that I have been writing reviews over the past 25 or so years when possible, and as times change so does my opinions. This hobby has come so far, that reviewing some component is becoming harder and harder as the technology comes together towards a similar sound. Since going to shows, and starting out with a Polk 7 monitor and an Akai receiver, which was my first foray into audio many moons ago, I began  going from store to store and show to show listening to all price ranges of component. I always found myself paying more attention to loudspeakers. Thus began my quest for the holy grail. I must admit that I am so passionate about music, that I have written many positive reviews of other components only to find myself selling it and buying and writing about something new. I have heard may of the >> 100k brands and I must admit that in some instances I felt that they were not for me at any price. Bigger and costlier does not make it better. This time, I have to say that I do not have any desire to sell the TP, or purchase another brand at this time even though I always love to listen to others. As stated and actually completed, I upgraded from the Minis to the Timepiece. As I also have said before, these loudspeakers sound like live music and Box less is a term used by so many people. But, to sound both box less and live is another story. Most loudspeakers now days achieve "Box-less-ness", but to sound live and box less is the ultimate if that's what your looking for. Of course, there are those that actually prefer music that sounds canned or enclosed over the >> Just like being there sound of the Sp Techs.  So many Audio reviewers put descriptions  of the sound of loudspeakers that they actually love(??),  instead of saying these have no sound only the recording coming out as recorded nuff said. Sorry for the run-on sentences.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2009, 06:26 am »
You scored big time on that deal!  Congrats!  I can't wait to get my TPs.

rydenfan

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2009, 11:45 pm »
When you do want to bring those badboys down to Sarasota for some listening??  :drool:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2009, 04:55 am »
Me?  :scratch: It's quite a drive from Los Angeles to Sarasota, FL! :o

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2009, 05:03 am »
Me?  :scratch: It's quite a drive from Los Angeles to Sarasota, FL! :o
No...rydenfan means bbchem, who lives in Florida.... :wink:

bbchem

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2009, 03:25 pm »
 :drool:

Would love to, but they are to big and heavy and would have trouble fitting into my car. You are welcome to come to Orlando to listen anytime!

:D

rydenfan

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2009, 07:16 pm »
:drool:

Would love to, but they are to big and heavy and would have trouble fitting into my car. You are welcome to come to Orlando to listen anytime!

I think I will have to do that. I will get back to you. Thanks :thumb:

RodMCV

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2009, 07:58 pm »
 Hay bb,

Fantastic way to put it, boxless and alive;
shoots down the just another monkey coffin concept.
I agree, as a previous promusician, that whenever I hear the SP-Tech Speakers I get that glorious feeling of being in the symphony on stage, or in the club with the band, and on and on; you pick the venue and ensemble.

Rod

bbchem

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2009, 10:41 pm »

RodMCV, I guess you got what I was shooting for!!  Boxless is a tired old phrase for most modern day speakers that throw a good sound stage and image well, These speakers go far beyond that IMHO, I have had many totally uniformed and regular people listen to these in utter amazement compared to my other very good loudspeakers. Everyone emphatically stated that these were far and away the best, and these people who are friends, could care less about audio (including my wife) but were stunned that you can get such a sound out of a mechanical box.

I had mentioned that I thought for a moment that the Minis that Bob sent me were maybe freaks of nature, but now hearing and having the TP3's my thoughts are confirmed that the SP Tech line has the same sound.  Again, I live in Florida and have ZERO relationship to SP Tech

:thumb:

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2009, 12:46 am »

I had mentioned that I thought for a moment that the Minis that Bob sent me were maybe freaks of nature, but now hearing and having the TP3's my thoughts are confirmed that the SP Tech line has the same sound.  :thumb:

:green: I will now, and forever, think of my Timepiece Minis as the SP Techs' Freaks Of Nature! Thanks for that bbchem!

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2009, 01:05 am »
Again, I live in Florida and have ZERO relationship to SP Tech

:thumb:

Wrong, wrong, wrong!  :green:

You have the same relationship that every owner of Bob's boxes have. Big, big fans!  :thumb:

Gene