Trade my Timepiece's for your Mini's?

thetaalpha970

Trade my Timepiece's for your Mini's?
« on: 15 Dec 2008, 07:09 pm »
Hey,

I've got some Timepieces and I am throwing around the idea of a trade for some Mini's. All I  want/need is a smaller footprint in the room, and that's it. As everyone else here knows, the sound quality is unparalleled. It wouldn't be right to sell them. Mine are studio black, and labeled 2.1, but they have the 3.0's internals. I got them right when Bob made the switch over to Mundorf. My downgrade is your upgrade, I guess, unless you're really attached to the wood...but the 2k price difference (new) should tell you what you're getting in return. If you're willing to pay shipping, you can even return them if you don't like them as much. I think this could work out great for the right people.

Let me know what you think, I'll be around.

Merry Christmas.
Dave

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: Trade my Timepiece's for your Mini's?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2008, 07:33 pm »
PM sent.  :scratch:

Gene

thetaalpha970

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2008, 08:11 pm »
Trade Pending...

IronLion

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2008, 08:16 pm »
Gene before you know it you're going to have someone's Rev's, I can just see it in a year...and Spectron monos.  :lol: 

Seriously though I probably would have jumped on this if I had more space, but the Minis form factor is just right for me and probably will be for a good while. 

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2008, 09:53 pm »
Gene before you know it you're going to have someone's Rev's, I can just see it in a year...and Spectron monos.  :lol: 

Seriously though I probably would have jumped on this if I had more space, but the Minis form factor is just right for me and probably will be for a good while. 

You obviously have me confused with someone who has lots of cash.  :thumb:

Somebody else has made the lucky upgrade from mini to TP. If I were to be pursuing that path (actually I am  :green: ), I would be salivating for sure.  :drool:

It's one thing to get some SP Tech speakers from out of the blue when you're not sure exactly what to expect. But after having been exposed to the wonders of the Smithman, the thought of climbing that mountain to next rung, as in more of the same except bigger, better and lower, well, it just doesn't get any better than that.

As far as Spectron monos, the lottery is for that.  aa

Gene

thetaalpha970

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2008, 03:06 am »

As far as Spectron monos, the lottery is for that.  aa

Gene

Maybe Not... :)
I'm thinking I've got a pair of amps that can beat those...and they might be up for sale soon. Giant killers in 6 weeks, guaranteed.

bbchem

« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2008, 08:52 pm »
 :D

For those of you wondering, its me, as I said I would not sell them but this came along and the only way I would part with them is to upgrade>> Hence the trade!

aa

Double Ugly

« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2008, 02:13 am »
:D

For those of you wondering, its me, as I said I would not sell them but this came along and the only way I would part with them is to upgrade>> Hence the trade!

aa

Good move, Bill.  :thumb: 

They may force you to look for a more powerful amp, but if you have the room, you're in for a treat. aa

rydenfan

« Reply #8 on: 21 Dec 2008, 02:53 pm »
Nice trade  :thumb: