Mini owner to be..

spence

Re: Mini owner to be..
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2008, 01:56 pm »
Todd,
  I actually have the 3.0s, and use them in a fairly small room. One thing I HIGHLY recommend is the use of bass traps if you room is small. I use traps from GIK. Put them in any corner you can. If you do this, you'll hear what these speakers are really capable of. My speakers are 6 feet apart and just shy of 2 feet out from the wall to the back of the speaker. I'm using Channel Islands D-200 amps and Signal Cable Silver Resolution cables. Hope this helps.

Spence

stlrman

« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2008, 02:35 pm »
Hi Spence,
Thanks for the info. How many watts is your amp?,
Actually my room is large, but one or the speakers will be close to a corner, so this corner may need to be treated. Is this something I can take up and down as my wife would never allow this to stay in the room?
Any comments on how the 3.0 image and soundstage? My other systen in my office  is very small and the base can bet very boomy.
Thanks ,
Todd

spence

« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2008, 03:26 pm »
Todd,
  The amps put out 200 watts each. GIK makes corner traps that you can easily take out of the room if you set them on the floor in the corners (I stack 2 in each corner). Don't forget ceiling corners too. Those will probably have to be installed, but you may be able to hang them with hooks. Depends on your corners. My 3.0s sound like live music depending on the recording. You'll never find a speaker that will make every recording sound like the band is in your room. Nor will you find that all recordings will "soundstage" and "image" the same. That's because not all recordings are made the same (imagine that!) I'm sure your minis will suit you just fine. just play around with positioning until you find the right spot. You'll know it when you hear it.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 27 Oct 2008, 08:42 pm »
Nice to see a happy ending...or is it a new beginning.... :D
Enjoy the Minis Todd.... :beer:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=60942.0