Breaking news from your JPEG file

nathanm

Breaking news from your JPEG file
« on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:12 pm »
Sometimes I will open an image in Photoshop and a pop-up window appears with a really enthusiastic message about what camera was used to shoot the file.

"A Fujifilm Finepix S9100 was used to shoot this file!"

But it only does it once per session that I've noticed.  What the?  It's innocuous, but just…weird.  Anyone else ever get that?  I am using CS2 v9.02

nathanm

Re: Breaking news from your JPEG file
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:22 pm »
ur dumb,,,mebbe u shud try-dleeting this file,,,,????

NATE G5 HD:Applications:Adobe Photoshop CS2:Presets:Scripts:Event Scripts Only:Display Camera Maker.jsx

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:23 pm »
Thanks jackass, I'll try that.

nathanm

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:33 pm »
Oh my, would you look at that?  After deleting the script and reopening the suspect image I got this:

nathanm, your cunning and guile have proved useful, despite your atrocious spelling.  I apologize for my hasty 'jackass' comment from earlier.  Where this "notifier" dwelt is another mystery, but I am content to live without knowing for now.

Andrikos

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2008, 04:04 pm »
 :lol:

Can you please sticky this thread?
It's classic!

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2008, 04:23 pm »
talk about split personalities... and a sick twisted version of Adobe Photoshop. Id suggest a reinstall and a shower... for the software. Just throw the discs in the bath.
Mike
huh???  :D

miklorsmith

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2008, 04:38 pm »
21 of the funniest minutes in the history of AC.

Happy Friday Nate!   :D

nathanm

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:37 pm »
I figure if JQP can have a conversation with himself about John Malkovich why can't I? :P

bricktop

• performus measurementus
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2008, 07:40 pm »
You can remove the data tag on a JPEG file that holds all the camera information.  'Tis called the EXIF data, and when you open and save a jpeg file in the GIMP, you can choose to get rid of it.  It uses about 40kb of memory, so if you're trying to crop and shrink a file for a certain amount of space (like a web page), then getting rid of the data can help.  :thumb: