My Minis will arrive next week

phoenix_rising

My Minis will arrive next week
« on: 13 Sep 2008, 05:28 am »
My mini's arrive next week.  will get a week of break in and then give a review comparing them to the Meridian Digital Theater. Should be an interesting comparison.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: My Minis will arrive next week
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2008, 09:19 am »
That's good news...... 8)

Happy listening !!!  :beer:

spence

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2008, 09:31 pm »
Any word on those Minis?

phoenix_rising

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2008, 02:00 pm »
Any word on those Minis?

Hi Spence,

They arrived all right, the only unfortunate thing is that I am no longer in the same country and won't be back for a few weeks yet. My company had a major problem in Australia and I drew the short straw to clean up the mess and get things back on track again.

As soon as I get back I will get them broken in and will report back.

Phoenix

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2008, 03:51 pm »
Can anyone comment on the mini's tweeter and woofer names? and any attributes that they have.
Thanks, Todd
Mine should be here hopefully this week or next!  :lol: :drool: aa :D

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:26 pm »
Can anyone comment on the mini's tweeter and woofer names? and any attributes that they have.
Thanks, Todd
Mine should be here hopefully this week or next!  :lol: :drool: aa :D

I assume you mean the manufacturer and model # of the drivers. The Scan Speak 9300 tweeter and SEAS L18RNX/P woofer. The tweeter is used by ACI in at least a couple of his designs. Attributes? They work well the way Bob has implemented them! If you havn't already, you might want to look at this thread.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=43286.msg386953#msg386953

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:38 pm »
Thanks Konut !
Todd

stlrman

Mini Review WOW!!
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2008, 07:37 pm »
Just received the minis in Cherry. Right out of the box here are my impressions. Holy SH##!!!!! The minis sound fantastic, amazing, astonishing, out of this world! :lol: :lol: :D  The bass is so deep and authoritative and just blooms into perfection.The mids when listening to Diana Krall are liquid smooth, her voice sounds like butter. The highs, sax trumpet sound perfect,no hint of glare,just powerful and blissful. The detail in the music that the minis bring out is amazing, but they are still very,  very musical and totally disappear, which is ashame as they are a work of art!!!! :thumb:  I have read that there is no perfect speaker as there are always trade offs and compromises, but to my ears the minis are perfect speakers!! :drool: I am thrilled with there performance!! I trusted you guys with your reviews , and I thank all of you for leading me to to this purchase. All of my expectations were much exceded. I will enjoy these speakers for life, and can not see ever buying another set of speakers.
I am listening nearfield in my office for now,with the 250 watt Musical Fidelity A5, oppo cd, analysis plus speaker cable and Rat shack interconnect for now. Thanks also to Bob for taking the time and care to answer all of my questions.
Anyone near Pittsurgh Pa. please feel free to stop by for a listen. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, Todd