Servey on waitng for Nicholas??

brashgordon

Re: Servey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #100 on: 8 Jan 2009, 12:39 am »
Sorry I didn't describe the "Sun circling the world" point more clearly ...

Just seems that anger is often the product of wet diapers ...
\
or a Cop issuing a ticket, because everyone else was going too slowly ...
or ... I had to steal the car to get to my date on time...
I didn't mean to run over the old lady, but she was in my way ....

Geeze ... Communication travels in an instant ... unbridled anger ...
is more of a threat...than ever before ...

Why not duel ... with pistols ... instead of gaming...
or maybe cage fighting ...

that way one loud mouth... gets shut....period .... end of existance !!!

or...

Why not just go back to mud-pies ... sling 'em ... take a shower afterward ...
nobody dies .... we live to play in mud another day ...

Read the news ... there's a lot that's important these days ...

beyond bruised ego's ....... this SHOULD be a hobby.... if it's your life ...

Buy a mirror ......

JMHO....

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #101 on: 9 Jan 2009, 07:36 am »
Hello, some months ago I ordered a tvc and a pair of speaker cables. After payment was done, the mail contact got a bit one sided. Can anybody give me a an address of Promitheus Audio, perhaps I can write a letter, or does anybody know how to get Nicholas motivated to answer, or perhaps send my tvc?
Thanks, Packhifi

Packhifi
got your stuff sorted out on tuesday, should arrive soon

thanks
Nicholas

Gaara

« Reply #102 on: 9 Jan 2009, 12:56 pm »
NM not worth it.
You take yourself much too seriously dude  Were you going to reply to my post?

Nope, your post was hilarious.  I was going to post the nasty PM from SamDCook where he called me all sorts of names that I shant repeat for fear that ladies could be present, and further ripped on Promitheus, but instead I went the high route and deleted/ignored it, since he isn't worth my/anyones time.

packhifi

« Reply #103 on: 13 Jan 2009, 10:11 am »
Hello, some months ago I ordered a tvc and a pair of speaker cables. After payment was done, the mail contact got a bit one sided. Can anybody give me a an address of Promitheus Audio, perhaps I can write a letter, or does anybody know how to get Nicholas motivated to answer, or perhaps send my tvc?
Thanks, Packhifi

Last Thursday I got my TVC and all I can say is that it was worth waiting for!!! It would have been easier for me, if Nicholas had told me from the start, that it can take some months to build it. I stil feel a bit uncomfortable, sending someone thousends of miles away a lot of money through the internet and not knowing what will happen. So comunication is very important and should be improved. After all it is excellent vallue for money, that you get, so this will certainly not be my last order and I recommend Nicholas's TVC to all, who love musik as much as I do
Thanks, Packhifi

MathGuy

Re: Survey on waiting for Nicholas??
« Reply #104 on: 3 Feb 2009, 06:07 am »
Hello Nicholas!

Hope you are doing very well.  I am wondering if we could please have an update on our balanced DAC (with Burson opamps and silver pulse transformer).

I have sent you several PM's here, and some emails too, but have not heard from you since last June 2008.

Here is a summary of your previous emails:

April 2008:  Unit ready to send, offered to install Bursons.
May 2008: New Bursons arrived, you were sending unit to us on May 4, 2008. 
June 4 2008: New DAC boards arrived, so you were sending unit to us on June 11, 2008.

That June 4, 2008 email was the last communication we received from you.  It has been a very long time now, so we are just getting a little worried.

Please advise?

Thank you very much, and our best regards to you!

Thomas

Pale Rider

« Reply #105 on: 4 Feb 2009, 02:11 pm »
I ordered a custom DAC [balanced, silver pulse, nano core, copper plates] last month, and I tried to time the order so it and my HeadAmp GS-X will arrive at the same time. At this point, of course I want it all to arrive as quickly as possible, but Nicholas was very good at communicating with me, and very patient at explaining the features and options on the DAC. So for now, I am just waiting, but enjoying the equipment I currently have.

guest48077

« Reply #106 on: 6 Feb 2009, 08:14 pm »
Hi,

Just received my  Dual TVC -  Mono Single Input XLR with Dual Output XLR 2 ebony knobs :o. I ordered on Dec 30th. Nick said it would be about two weeks. I did my research and figured 2 weeks meant about 2months :wink:. I anticipated a longer wait then specified. No big deal I've listen to music for 29 years before this TVC I think I can manage 1 month or 2.

Before and after ordering Nick responded to ALL my E mails  in a timely manner. He was very helpful and truly concerned about my questions etc. The order was shipped and package very very well.

By the way this unit sounds amazing right out of the box, It will be a joy to burn it in and experience the changes. Will not hesitate to order again from Nick......................THANKS NICK!!!! also be prepared to pay some Duty. I live in Toront Canada and had to pay87 bucks. It all evens out since I got the shipping for free due to Nicks Fall sale :wink:   

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #107 on: 6 Feb 2009, 11:36 pm »
COuld have been faster except for the January we had couple of holidays here and the lunar new year that stopped shipping for a while

glad it arrive well and it works well

MathGuy

« Reply #108 on: 12 Feb 2009, 06:13 am »
Hi again!

I received a nice PM reply from Nicholas, saying that my DAC is now ready and had even received some changes and upgrades too.   :drool:

[Nicholas had PM'd me about this last September as well, which I had forgotten to mention in the record below.]

Thanks Nicholas!  We are really happy that the DAC is ready, and will be looking for it with much excitement.  Could you please PM with the shipper name and tracking number, when it is sent?  I would also like to post back here with our feedback about the DAC, after giving it some nice listening time, if anybody wants me to.

Best regards to you!

Thomas

Hello Nicholas!

Hope you are doing very well.  I am wondering if we could please have an update on our balanced DAC (with Burson opamps and silver pulse transformer).

I have sent you several PM's here, and some emails too, but have not heard from you since last June 2008.

June 4 2008: New DAC boards arrived, so you were sending unit to us on June 11, 2008.

That June 4, 2008 email was the last communication we received from you.  It has been a very long time now, so we are just getting a little worried.

Please advise?

Thomas

sunshine

« Reply #109 on: 21 Feb 2009, 02:59 pm »
I had email correspondence with Nicholas several times before ordering his phono unit. I have no complaints about his response time. I did make sure they had units in stock before ordering and received mine within a couple of weeks from Malaysia to the US. The unit is still breaking in and I am still experimenting with the various settings but I am very pleased.
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2009, 10:53 pm by sunshine »

Starburst

« Reply #110 on: 27 Mar 2009, 04:23 pm »
I ordered a standard Ref4 TVC on 4th March. In what limited contact I have had with Nicholas he has responded promtly and with pertinent information. Didn't seem to be the same guy who was almost uncontable that some people found a while ago.

I decided not to visit these forums and the website as this would just frustrate me on my long wait for the TVC to arrive. I also chose a standard product as I thought this might save a couple of months wait too.

Well, it arrived this morning having been delayed in post in the UK for a week while they tried to find a non existent address. Wrong house number. A minor glitch on Promethius' part.

It really does look to me that Nicholas has resolved many of the issues of last year. 23 days from order to delivery including a UK delay is really impressive.

I am amazed at how quickly it arrived and 2 or 3 hours into using am so far impressed with the sound.

It has all the detail and more of my 50K ohm passive pot (Creek), all the dynamics and more of my Exposure 19 active pre amp.

The XLRs dont seem to lock well but the contact is firm enough. The volume pots have a very positive feel and I've no problems with high levels on lowest volume settings using unbalanced inputs and balanced outputs. The finish seems good. There are a couple of tiny tool marks on the woodwork but these need to be looked for to spot and add to the hand made feel rather than detract from the finish. I've not had the lid off to look at internal construction yet.

I'm a little confused by an invoice for USD300 when I paid the website price of USD680. Has this happened to anybody else?

Using with
Silent PC --> Beresford TC7510 DAC --> Promethius Ref4 TVC Pre --> MC Audio MC1250 Power --> Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk2 Spkrs

Also
Velodyne SMS1 sub EQ and 2 Acoustic Energy AE308 subwoofers.

All in all I'm really happy so far. Now to get some decent fast neutral subs and a better DAC and I'll have reached a musical Nirvana. This pre has brought me a fair deal closer.

Lee

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #111 on: 27 Mar 2009, 10:17 pm »
I ordered a standard Ref4 TVC on 4th March. In what limited contact I have had with Nicholas he has responded promtly and with pertinent information. Didn't seem to be the same guy who was almost uncontable that some people found a while ago.

I decided not to visit these forums and the website as this would just frustrate me on my long wait for the TVC to arrive. I also chose a standard product as I thought this might save a couple of months wait too.

Well, it arrived this morning having been delayed in post in the UK for a week while they tried to find a non existent address. Wrong house number. A minor glitch on Promethius' part.

It really does look to me that Nicholas has resolved many of the issues of last year. 23 days from order to delivery including a UK delay is really impressive.

I am amazed at how quickly it arrived and 2 or 3 hours into using am so far impressed with the sound.

It has all the detail and more of my 50K ohm passive pot (Creek), all the dynamics and more of my Exposure 19 active pre amp.

The XLRs dont seem to lock well but the contact is firm enough. The volume pots have a very positive feel and I've no problems with high levels on lowest volume settings using unbalanced inputs and balanced outputs. The finish seems good. There are a couple of tiny tool marks on the woodwork but these need to be looked for to spot and add to the hand made feel rather than detract from the finish. I've not had the lid off to look at internal construction yet.

I'm a little confused by an invoice for USD300 when I paid the website price of USD680. Has this happened to anybody else?

Using with
Silent PC --> Beresford TC7510 DAC --> Promethius Ref4 TVC Pre --> MC Audio MC1250 Power --> Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk2 Spkrs

Also
Velodyne SMS1 sub EQ and 2 Acoustic Energy AE308 subwoofers.

All in all I'm really happy so far. Now to get some decent fast neutral subs and a better DAC and I'll have reached a musical Nirvana. This pre has brought me a fair deal closer.

Lee
LEe
is not for the wrong address i think it would have arrive in a week. Sorry a simple typo in our shipping mainfest was the mistake. Also they declare a lower amount for tax reasons. Helps to lower tax or avoid it

thanks for the nice comments on the sound. Have fun with it

MathGuy

« Reply #112 on: 31 Mar 2009, 05:02 am »
Hello Nicholas and AudioCircle members,

I wanted to mention that last week (on/around March 23 2009), we took delivery of our Promitheus Audio solid state DAC. 

It has all the goodies (i.e. both RCA and balanced outputs, Burson opamps, silver pulse transformer, etc)  :drool:

The unit looks beautiful, and we are very excited to hear it - I still have to put it into our system (due to a living room re-arrangement) but can hardly wait!

I will be happy to post pictures and impressions if anybody is interested?   aa

It sure looks like this was worth the wait - we are very happy.  Thank you so much Nicholas!

Best Regards,

Thomas

Hi again!

I received a nice PM reply from Nicholas, saying that my DAC is now ready and had even received some changes and upgrades too.   :drool:

[Nicholas had PM'd me about this last September as well, which I had forgotten to mention in the record below.]

Thanks Nicholas!  We are really happy that the DAC is ready, and will be looking for it with much excitement.  Could you please PM with the shipper name and tracking number, when it is sent?  I would also like to post back here with our feedback about the DAC, after giving it some nice listening time, if anybody wants me to.

Best regards to you!

Thomas

Hello Nicholas!

Please advise?

Thomas

donno

« Reply #113 on: 3 Apr 2009, 04:16 pm »

Using with

Hello Starbust, do you have any problem w/ the volume level when using the TC7510? I read on promitheus's website that the minimum output voltage required is 1.5V while that DAC is 1.2V.

thanks

Pale Rider

Re: Survey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #114 on: 12 Apr 2009, 06:50 pm »
Unfortunately, I am still waiting for my balanced DAC. I ordered it three months ago, and I stopped hearing back from Nicholas a month ago. I am not angry or anything like that, because there could be some good reasons for the delay and the lack of communication, but I sure would like to know what is going on.

i.poet

« Reply #115 on: 13 Apr 2009, 12:04 pm »
Hi Nicholas and Everyone,

My first post.  I have the Promitheus Signature TVCsand have asked Nicholas to develop an "ultimate" Signature 300B SET that will compete with any 300B SET amp ever made, in particular the Coincident Frankenstein II at $5K.  (Or $4K with Coincident speaker purchase.  I'm hoping that Nicholas can bring his amps in for less.)  Large double c-core OPTs, transformer coupled, input transformer to better mate with a TVC, physically separate power supplies, etc.

After about six to eight months of discussion concerning specs, tube types, etc., I made the downpayment last September, as I recall.  Since I've asked Nicholas to make this as good an amp as he can make, there's obviously a tremendous amount of dvelopment work that has to occur.  Such a revealling amp would likely have a noticeable sonic change with even a minute change in components, so this project will obviously take time to get just right.

I gather that Nicholas has been busier than normal of late, which is why I haven't heard anything from him.  It would be nice to get an update or even a photo or two, but I know from experience that the amps will get to me eventually.  Good things come to those who wait.

Pale Rider

« Reply #116 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:18 pm »
I just heard back from Nicholas. He advised my unit is being burned in.

cjctan

« Reply #117 on: 2 Jun 2009, 02:47 am »
Wow....

Looks like many others over here has faced the same long waiting issue from Promitheus Audio.

For my case, I am still waiting for my custom wound irons which was sent out in April (more than 1 month ago). Email communications also have long lead time lately.

:(

Pale Rider

« Reply #118 on: 2 Jun 2009, 05:23 am »
As an update to my previous post, I went back to Nicholas and asked him if he could add one more input, in this case, an optical one to accommodate my new AppleTV setup. He said that he could, and that has added another--justifiable--delay to my order. Once it arrives, I suspect it will feel like my Senn HD800: worth the ait, and now the wait doesn't matter.

tyk

« Reply #119 on: 4 Jul 2009, 06:50 am »
Burn-in or just another excuse to buy more time? :nono: