Belden & hook up wire in OZ

Adinoto

Belden & hook up wire in OZ
« on: 10 Nov 2007, 11:26 pm »
Hi all,
Anyone knows where to find Belden 8450 cable in OZ???
It is shielded pair twisted 22 AWG Solid TC with solid drain wire. Its very easy to work with.
Also where to find solid core teflon insulated hook-up wire (around 20-24awg)?
You see, I have enough with stranded wire... :roll:

Thanks

junkmail

• www.rkcable.com.au
Re: Belden & hook up wire in OZ
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:00 am »
Hello Adinoto
Please find a link to who sells what you are after

http://www.belden.com.au/content.cfm?infopageID=149

Adinoto

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2007, 04:12 am »
Thanks for the link,
The problem is they only sell it for 100m minimum...
Do RK Cables sell cables other than power cable?

Thanks

junkmail

• www.rkcable.com.au
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2007, 09:39 am »
 Hello Adinoto
At the moment i am only dealing in power cables but i am in process of adding more cables to my range how ever have you contacted bvt  http://www.bayviewtech.com.au/  on the above  kink they may be able to sell you the cable in cut lengths  or they may be able to tell you where you can get it

jules

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2007, 03:11 am »
Belden Cat5 E, 24g. in twisted pairs is available at many electrical shops. I buy shortish lengths from Lighting/semi-electrical wholesale shops in my area. This is the same stuff that's used for phone lines. It costs peanuts but makes excellent absurdly cheap inter-connects  :).  I'd like to get my hands on one of the 50 pair plus multistrand Telstra cables. I presume they must offer a fantastic variety of colour coding options.

jules

Adinoto

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2007, 02:37 am »
Hi Jules,

How did you make the interconnect form Cat5 ? 2 twisted for +, 2 twisted for - ?

Thanks

jules

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2007, 08:15 pm »
Yes, that's it basically. I'll post a pic of one in a few days but I don't have a camera at the moment. They are very unprofessional  :D

jules

jules

« Reply #7 on: 22 Nov 2007, 10:06 pm »
Here's the Belden Cat 5 DIY cables ...

In this case I was able to make them very short which is always useful. The RCAs are $2.00 gold plated brass. Where a piece of audio equipment uses gold plated brass sockets I think it's probably good practice to use a similar plug. I can see reasons why matching dissimilar metals, such as brass and pure copper might not be a good idea. Brass to brass, yes. Copper to copper, yes, particularly for low strength signals such as a phono-in.

jules