what amps/preamps have you tried?

PaulFolbrecht

Re: what amps/preamps have you tried?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2006, 03:22 am »
I own the 938s with the 845 version of the Cybers.  Also a very magical combo.  I'm readying a mini-review after a couple months of listening now.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:25 am »
The Cyber 845 puts out less than 20 watts if I'm not mistaken.  How loud can it go before clipping and what about the bass?  Although musical, Hyperions own tube amp had problems in these areas when I heard them.

viperrabbit

« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2006, 05:10 am »
Hi ndeslions

I am interested in the Nuforce 9 SE.  Do you encounter any RFI problems?

ndeslions

« Reply #23 on: 6 Dec 2006, 04:53 pm »
Oups sorry i did not saw your post sooner.
I did not noticed any problems with the Nuforce amps BUT i do not have a tuner in my system.

pkoh70

« Reply #24 on: 18 Jul 2007, 10:46 am »
Guys,

For those of you who shy away from tube products for all the hastles they may bring down the road, I have upgraded mine from hybrid integrated LSA Ref.3 to used Ayre K3 & V3 combo, and then finally to Belles 350a ref. power & 28a pre-amp. It is an expensive combo to have as a brand new, but wow, they match heavenly with The Hyperions. You may be able to find a good used ones on Audiogon if your budget can't extend to buying new, but I highly recommend this combo. They send the Hyperion baby to a level I have never heard before. Just perrrrfect. You won't bother with SS or tube discussion anymore, because it won't matter anymore.

carusoracer

« Reply #25 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:57 am »
Good to hear...I have not been able to hear the 938's but certainly some rave reviews.

What are some the qualities likes and dislikes regarding the Belles 350Ref? It one on my list.
Enjoy

nigi25

« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2007, 06:24 pm »
I would like to know if some of the members of the group has extensive experience with Nuforce 9SE, I've seen the ndeslions post, so perhaps he can give us more details about the combination between 968 and Nuforce, what about the preamp? I'm interested in the combination between 968, Nuforce 9SE and passive preamp like Music First Audio or Promitheus Audio.
Ciao