~SOLD~ Modwright SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition and KWA 100SE

Sense63

~Both are SOLD~

For your consideration is one of the best reasonably priced Preamp/Amp combinations you can buy.  They are both in near mint condition and come with the super sexy black face plates.  I'd like to sell the SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition preamp and KWA 100SE Amp together as a package because the synergy is that good.  If you haven't already seen it, please check out the video review by New Record Day.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM2nxM7qDfk

To sweeten the deal, I'll include a 1957 NOS pair of Tung Sol 5687 tubes that have approx. 20 hours on them at my asking price.  Retail for the SWL 9.0 AE is $2900 and $4900 for the KWA 100SE.  I'm offering both for a steal at: $3500 total which is 55% off retail.  I should mention that I'm in the process of downsizing my gear, but this is not a fire sale and I don't need to sell, so please no lowball offers.  I believe I've priced these better than any available online right now.  Both come with everything original.  If someone does want to buy only one unit and not the pair, I’m open to that.

We can work out shipping and other details if truly interested.  Please let me know.  Thanks- Scott

« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2019, 04:06 pm by Sense63 »

Sam-fi

Re: FS: Modwright SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition and KWA 100SE
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2019, 03:31 pm »
this is mine now friends

Sailorboy

Re: ~SOLD~ Modwright SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition and KWA 100SE
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2019, 07:30 pm »
Hello Sam-fi
I was wondering if you would care to comment on the sound characteristics of your 100se and SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition.
I also have the 100se amplifier and have been looking for a preamp to match it.  I have tried the LS100 and found it was too noisey and a little to much on the warm side.  I have also heard the LS36.5 and find the detail delivery a bit to analytical.

So I am wondering where in the Modwright preamp spectrum of sound the 9.0 AE fits, and if it would suit my needs, so would really appreciate your findings with this amp/preamp pairing.

By the way what speakers are you using?

Regards
Colin