Yamaha P-45 Digital Piano

Mudslide

Yamaha P-45 Digital Piano
« on: 29 Oct 2018, 04:33 pm »
I'm thinking about getting one of these keyboards for my wife to play with/learn on.  (The price is sure right.)  https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/p_series/p-45/index.html#product-tabs  She's older but likes new challenges.  Would this Yammy piano be a good choice?  Or suggestions are appreciated.

Mudslide

Re: Yamaha P-45 Digital Piano
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2018, 04:31 pm »
No keyboard recommendations?   :?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2018, 04:38 pm »
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I figured someone who actually plays would offer advice. I sold off a Yamaha P-120 professional stage piano that I bought for $1200 for my son's piano practice. About 10 years after he quit I sold ours for $500 --- and that was not an easy sale. If you check out Craigs List in your area, you will find many opportunities to buy for less than half of list price depending on age of piano and condition of seller. By the time I finally found a buyer I might have taken anything to be done with it.

Mudslide

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2018, 06:23 am »
Jack, thanks for the reply.  That was an amazing deal you had.

I think my wife has zeroed in on the P-45.  We're pretty rural and there aren't a lot of digital pianos for resale around here.  For her beginner piano playing, I guess I'll be forced to do to her what she does to me (make me wear headphones instead of the listening to the full force from my Philharmonic Audio or Aerial speakers!).   :lol: