Albert offers his latest creation for sale...

MttBsh

Re: Albert offers his latest creation for sale...
« Reply #20 on: 4 Sep 2018, 04:39 pm »
Due to the weak economy and declining interest in guitars, I do not believe there is a market for expensive boutique amps and guitars.  It took one year to sell the prototypes, which cost $16,000 to develop. Needless to say, there is no point going forward. The Vintage Fifties amp and guitar were absolute world-class instruments, but that did not make a difference.

Weak economy?? The economy is at it's strongest point in many years.

Declining interest in guitars? bingo. It seems pretty clear that interest in guitar-oriented music - and by association guitars - has all but dried up in favor of dance-oriented pop. Sadly, the era of the guitar hero and all of the excellent music it spawned has long since passed.

2bigears

« Reply #21 on: 4 Sep 2018, 04:52 pm »
 :D the econo is way past weak.  It's flat out dead. Most peeps are broke and running on credit. Who can believe otherwise.  Lots of people have stopped even looking for work. 2 or 3 shit jobs are what a lot of people are running these days.  Gibson factory closed for a reason.  Those guitars were beautiful ,,,,, :D

mr_bill

« Reply #22 on: 4 Sep 2018, 04:54 pm »
The economy is the strongest it's been in many many years. 
Guitar demand - I have no comment.

Delacroix

« Reply #23 on: 5 Sep 2018, 12:40 am »
I think the death of the guitar is overstated. US sales alone top 2m guitars a year and have been steadily so for almost a decade. It may be the case that the heyday of rock and the dreams of kids to play guitar have been impacted by digital instrumentation and growing gaming culture but in the larger picture, perhaps the 70s-90s were the blip on the high side rather than a norm from which we've declined  -- the guitar, in its basic form, is still a regular person's instrument, easy enough to get a tune out of without major learning or cost.  I'm biased as I play, but I see my son's friends play too, even if few have the passion to be the next guitar hero.

Gibson is still with us and making a smart move to refocus on guitars rather than all the other stuff they were overreaching into over the last decade. I think they'll survive just fine. In fact, so iconic are the names Gibson and Fender etc that it is very difficult for any new builder to break into the market, no matter the economy. Add in the pretty amazing improvements in affordable derivative guitars made overseas then it's hard to imagine new US names breaking through quickly without major endorsements.  We need Fender to get interested in the AVS designs....

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 5 Sep 2018, 01:41 am »
AVS design as what?

Delacroix

« Reply #25 on: 5 Sep 2018, 03:10 am »
As a signature model, for example.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #26 on: 5 Sep 2018, 03:43 am »
Audio Video System :scratch:

Folsom

« Reply #27 on: 5 Sep 2018, 04:20 am »
No one here seems to know about conventions where they sell very expensive guitar stuff all day... It is not entirely unlike the audiophile industry, things appear hidden until you are in it.

2bigears

« Reply #28 on: 5 Sep 2018, 09:20 am »
 :D  Gibson is stilll with us ?  They are ? 
         The economy is on the verge of total collapse. To think otherwise, hummmm? 
     This will be rough. Food and water. Good thing we can live on Music.   :D

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #29 on: 5 Sep 2018, 09:37 pm »
:D  Gibson is stilll with us ?  They are ? 
         The economy is on the verge of total collapse. To think otherwise, hummmm? 
     This will be rough. Food and water. Good thing we can live on Music.   :D

..economy on the verge of collapse eh?  Who’ve you been talking to...Nancy? 😂😞