BCD-1 ...ten years and finally going strong. : )

gbaby

Re: BCD-1 ...ten years and finally going strong. : )
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jun 2018, 02:23 pm »
Well not quite a BDP...but this one works for me. : )

I use to use my iphone too, like you. But, when I got a BDP2, that all changed including the sound. You are playing back from your phone using either the analog out or blue tooth. The BDP is in another league making the music sound better  than the CD. If you own a lot of your own CDs, and you have a fairly decent audio system, a BDP purchase is a must.  :wink:

rob80b

« Reply #21 on: 18 Jun 2018, 04:20 pm »
............ If you own a lot of your own CDs, and you have a fairly decent audio system, a BDP purchase is a must.  :wink:

Then one would need to buy a descent DAC...not going to happen on a retirement income...besides that's a lot of change ($$$$) to go toward even more CDs and books.  :D

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2018, 11:51 pm »
My goodness, ten years - where does the time go?

Be well....

rob80b

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jun 2018, 07:09 pm »
My goodness, ten years - where does the time go?

Be well....

Scary eh!....but I'm so happy my BCD-1 is now functioning flawlessly.... "zero" glitches (knock on wood)...after ten years.  :thumb:
Cheers

rob80b

« Reply #24 on: 14 Mar 2022, 02:26 pm »
Not too sure how I ended up on my old post.....lol

Anyway...

Post script: 03/13/2022.... BCD-1 is still running.... never did rip my CDs...but TIDAL Hi-Fi arrived in the household along with a Cambridge Audio CXN-V2 and almost every LP and CD I've collected over the last 50 years or more is accessible at the touch of a button...plus thousands more I've never heard or heard of going back to the 60s all at CD quality.
And if the internet ever goes down I've still got 1000's of physical LPs and CDs.
Life is good.  :thumb:

GrooveControl

« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm »
yep,  turntables and CD players replaced by RPi4s with Volumio. Preamps, DACs and EQs replaced by miniDSP. What's next? Amps and Speakers replaced by powered monitors?  hmmm. 

mav52

« Reply #26 on: 16 Mar 2022, 12:56 pm »
My BCD-1 is also still going strong.  ( ps never going to stop spinning CD's)  I also have a VPI Classic for LP's and a few Lumin streamers.  So all good , all work great.  But that BCD-1 is still pretty solid. 

rob80b

« Reply #27 on: 16 Mar 2022, 03:46 pm »
My BCD-1 is also still going strong.  ( ps never going to stop spinning CD's)  I also have a VPI Classic for LP's and a few Lumin streamers.  So all good , all work great.  But that BCD-1 is still pretty solid.
Yep...digital playback is not solely determined by what DACs are involved, Bryston's proprietary power supply and analogue output stages are IMHO what sets the BCD-1 apart from the competition.  :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #28 on: 16 Mar 2022, 04:01 pm »
yep,  turntables and CD players replaced by RPi4s with Volumio. Preamps, DACs and EQs replaced by miniDSP. What's next? Amps and Speakers replaced by powered monitors?  hmmm.

What's next?  How about the Buchardt A500?  Active design with 330 watts per cabinet, 2-way or 3-way, response down to 25 Hz, sealed cabinet, built in DAC's (one per driver), waveguide tweeter for excellent dispersion, room correction software (compatible with iPhones and use of their hub), various master tunings for voicing, wireless connection to their hub, just connect a streamer, soon to be Roon ready.

GrooveControl

« Reply #29 on: 17 Mar 2022, 01:58 am »
How about the Buchardt A500? 

Those look fantastic, taking dsp to the max.  Would love to hear them some day, maybe at AudioFest this year?  There are no new speakers in my future, but I am giving serious consideration to the new miniDSP FLEX. That would allow me to take one component out of system.  RPi --> FLEX --> 3B --> spkrs