Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"

Tyson

Re: Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2018, 06:07 pm »
? 'Serious' cinema lovers are his biggest fans. He's considered a genius in France, a darling of Cannes.

Maybe you're talking about Kevin Smith? :lol:

I'm not really talking about the critics, I'm talking more about regular film viewers.  American film watchers.  France is crazy sometimes.  e.g. - their obscene and inexplicable love of Jerry Lewis.

wushuliu

• when I stopped trusting my ears my system improved
« Reply #21 on: 17 May 2018, 01:07 am »
One trick pony is more what I think than genius.  I'm a big fan of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but that's about it.  Some of the rest were ok, some not even good.  Inglorious was  decent, Django simply dumb.  A gillion years ago in Terrell, Tx. I had a very poor chemistry student with a bad attitude named Eric Bishop.  He portrays much the same angry young man now that the name is Jamie Foxx- just a lot richer.

You could say the same about Tom Cruise. Could be why they became good friends after making Collateral. Nobody gets scary angry on screen like Tom Cruise. Cruise would be amazing in a Tarantino movie.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2018, 03:57 am »

I really enjoyed R Dogs and Pulp Fiction.  I also liked Four Rooms and Natural Born Killers.

True Romance is the high water mark for me.  Hopper, Walken, Slater, Gandolfini, Pitt, Kilmer, Jackson, Oldman.

The scene in the trailer with Walken and Hopper might be my favourite movie scene ever.  Walken and Hopper in amazing form.

I despised Natural Born Killers but I agree about True Romance- it was a masterpiece!  Walken & Hopper chewing scenery was epic fun to behold.

WGH

• Artwork that Opens and Closes
    • WGH Woodworking
« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2018, 01:37 am »
Latest "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" update: AL PACINO has joined the cast in Tarantino's newest star-studded film. Pacino will play Marvin Schwarz, Leonardo DiCaprio's character's agent, making this his first collaboration with Tarantino. Dating back to his first feature film, 1992's "Reservoir Dogs," Tarantino has always cast movie stars he grew up watching. Pacino fits the mold of A-list actors who rose to fame in the 1970s.

This is going to be one weird film. Can Tarantino keep Pacino from chewing up the scenery? We'll see.