Tube Amps and Preamps with high-end IEC sockets

maty

Re: Tube Amps and Preamps with high-end IEC sockets
« Reply #20 on: 9 May 2018, 08:05 am »
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=153802.msg1684096#msg1684096

Custom KT88 Tube Amplifier

http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/custom%20kt88%20tube%20amp.html

It has a RF/EMI filter inlet!

You can write a mail to Don Sachs and asked him about the RF/EMI. Filter inlet and RF ferrites inside the preamp.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 9 May 2018, 11:44 am »
In my city had a audio quest dealer so some years ago, I used the RF Stopers in the power cable from the an amp, its a graphite that filter at 100kHz, I had to remove it why it modify the treble from my pro audio FR driver.

Pryso

« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2018, 06:13 pm »
Hi Michael,

Not sure how much this may help but hopefully at least it will be an interesting story.

Many years ago, not long after the trend for replacing stock AC cables with "upgraded" cables became established, I was curious but skeptical.  So when a friend who was a small scale high end manufacturer recommended some modestly priced upgrade cables I gave them a try.  The biggest surprise came with my Sony ES CD player.  That had a fixed AC cable, but I'd ordered one of the recommended cables with a 3-pin receptacle on one end in place of the IEC connector.  That meant the standard cord remained in place but the connection to the wall was then with the upgraded cable.  I'll be d*mned if the addition of the upgraded cable didn't sound better.  Sorry but that was so long ago I can't offer specifics, but I think improved clarity and slightly better dynamics.

What could I take away from that?  I don't have any more than average knowledge of electronics but it seemed the added cable must be filtering junk from the AC feed since any otherwise restrictions/limitations in the stock cable were still in place.

That was good enough for me to begin utilizing replacement AC cables.  I just don't believe in spending more for the cables than the component cost on it's own.  :roll: