HPA-9 (Reference class headphone amp)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: HPA-9 (Reference class headphone amp)
« Reply #60 on: 27 Sep 2018, 09:56 am »
It's now a discontinued product so I don't think they'll be adding any specs to the ad copy.

I'm pretty sure it's not the same volume control as the DAC9 and DAC10.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #61 on: 27 Sep 2018, 03:12 pm »
I wasn't aware it was discontinued.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #62 on: 28 Sep 2018, 11:11 am »
Jason just posted on another thread that they were discontinuing the unit, so not likely that the web site is updated yet.

rustydoglim

« Reply #63 on: 1 Oct 2018, 04:48 am »
The demand for pure preamp/headphone amp is just too low to justify making another such product in the foreseeable future.
Our design engineer is probably "heart broken" as HPA-9 is a great achievement, especially at this price. Perhaps we should have double the price and sales would be better (no kidding). :cry:
Head-fi.org has some good user reviews of HPA-9.

Thunder240

« Reply #64 on: 28 May 2020, 09:30 am »
Just wanted to say that I feel fortunate to have picked up an HPA-9 while it was still in production. It’s really made my main stereo rig come alive, and the headphone amp section is just flat out awesome. Sorry the market wasn’t there.

To anyone looking for a headphone amp that can double as a pre, see if you can find one of these used.

Finally, someone asked whether the gain switch affects the RCA output. Based on my observation, no, just the headphone outs.

The demand for pure preamp/headphone amp is just too low to justify making another such product in the foreseeable future.
Our design engineer is probably "heart broken" as HPA-9 is a great achievement, especially at this price. Perhaps we should have double the price and sales would be better (no kidding). :cry:
Head-fi.org has some good user reviews of HPA-9.

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 28 May 2020, 07:52 pm »
Check out Nuprime Alita https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/alita/
It has a headphone amp that is much better than HPA-9.  And it comes with a state of the art DAC & preamp. This is the one to get for headphone enthusiasts.