What is your fitness plan or regime?

witchdoctor

Re: What is your fitness plan or regime?
« Reply #60 on: 8 May 2017, 01:15 am »
New research shows that a 30 minute walk, 5 days a week gives you the same long term health benefits of more strenuous exercise.

These are the MINIMUM guidelines of the ACSM- walk for 30 minutes 5 x a week or do more strenuous cardio for 20 minutes 3 x week. Plus strength training at least twice a week:

https://www.genesistransformation.com/pdf_files/1_ACSM.PDF

lokie

« Reply #61 on: 8 May 2017, 02:28 am »
My tube preamp has no remote.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #62 on: 8 May 2017, 11:16 am »
:lol: :lol:
My diet is rice with beans, steak, 2 fried eggs and tomato.
Garnish is baked potato or pumpkin.
Drink is fruit orange or grape juice.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #63 on: 8 May 2017, 03:06 pm »
Ha! that is a funny reply. Sadly my fitness is not improved while listening since my preamp knob is right next to my listening chair!

I am pretty lazy.. but I do lift some 10 lb weights like 4 sets of 50 a few times each week. If I lay off I have to work my way back to the 4x50..

I should walk more. I have a park right across the street!

sebrof

« Reply #64 on: 8 May 2017, 05:56 pm »
This thread has taught me that an audio forum is a bad place to get health information   :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #65 on: 8 May 2017, 08:02 pm »
I had a surgery that I've been unable to exercise after (8 months now!)  But before that, I had gotten in pretty good shape by:

Quitting my gym (save $$)
Biking to all errands within 10 miles, and going around the local lake on days w/no errands
Convict Conditioning every other day
Yoga on non CC days

It worked pretty dang good! 

I'll say this - as someone that used to do a lot of power lifting and serious weightlifting and playing lots of sports....yoga kicked my @ss.  I went in thinking it would be a piece of cake.  Nope, that stuff gets you using muscles you never even knew you had. 

Can't wait to get mobile again so I can start all that stuff.

werd

« Reply #66 on: 8 May 2017, 09:07 pm »
Decent Iphone fitness app here for around $3.00

https://www.fullfitness-app.com

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #67 on: 7 Jun 2017, 07:18 am »

I'll say this - as someone that used to do a lot of power lifting and serious weightlifting and playing lots of sports....yoga kicked my @ss.  I went in thinking it would be a piece of cake.  Nope, that stuff gets you using muscles you never even knew you had. 

Can't wait to get mobile again so I can start all that stuff.

Just noticed this now.  I hope you're back in the saddle and on the mend again, Tyson.

rockadanny

« Reply #68 on: 7 Jun 2017, 05:41 pm »
Nearly every day: walk 3 miles, and where I live (GA) that means always inclines/declines as there are no level spots.
Nearly every day upper body: alternating days, one day dumbbell workout (35 lbs) x 4 sets; other day 30 pushups x 4 sets.
When I have time: bicycle.

Nearly every day:
Breakfast: shake: walnuts, almonds, ground flax seed, rolled oats, apple slice, banana piece, several black grapes, handful blueberries, raw local honey, kefir, cinnamon, crushed ice, water.
Lunch: healthy-ish soup, a few rice cakes drizzled with olive oil.
Dinner: green leaf mix (kale, spinach, etc.), brown rice with kidney beans, veggie, either chicken or fish.

Every day:
Vitamins and supplements.
Lots of water.
No beef, pork, soft drinks, or sweets.

However, I am not in perfect shape as I do eat JUNK snacks at times: peanuts, pretzels, pizza, beer, chips. And on occasion (once or twice per week) we eat out so I'll cheat a bit then as well.

At nearly 62 years of age I am in decent enough shape, take no regular medications, and live a physically unrestricted life.