Triode Wire Labs C7 Power Cord

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Triode Wire Labs C7 Power Cord
« on: 5 Jun 2012, 12:40 am »
 This is the power cord mainly associated with Comcast Cable box or some Home-theatre integrated amps, in my case the Panasonic SA-XR700. Both these units have that figure 8 type plug (C7). I always thought ,why the heck do they make a plug like this? Why not just a regular plug like everything else. How am I suppose to upgrade this goofy thing? Well, find a cable maker who already has a great reputation and ask. I found Pete of Triode Wire Labs fame. He made me up a pair of 5 foot C7 power cords,one being a 12 AWG the other a 14 AWG.
 I was lucky enough to pick up a Pioneer 60" Plasma a few weeks before Pioneer decided to stop making these glorious picture TV's so my picture quality has always been outstanding. The C7 14 gauge power cord attached to my Comcast cable box just maximized my picture quality to a vivid, cleaner, deeper colors event. The picture is so dimensional now without using any 3D glasses :lol:
The pleasant surprise also that came with the gorgeous picture was the sound now coming out of the TV. I realize it is not a stereo system but the sound from the speaker bar at the bottom of the TV was always lacking in separation and detail. It was now shining through albeit to a lesser degree from the main stereo rig but at least now the annunciation of somebody speaking was clearly evident.
  Onto the Panasonic SA-XR700 with the C7 12 gauge Triode Wire power cord. As nice as this digital amp is, the stock power cord should be replaced. In every aspect of the audio spectrum, the Triode C7 excelled compared to the stock cord the Panny came with. Every parameter you can mention or think of has been improved. I should probably give some credit to the Vapor Audio Cirrus speakers that this C7 power cord was feeding the power into but make no mistake about the significance that this cord produced compared to the stock PC provided by Panasonic.
 I know Pete from Triode Wire is running an introductory price of $199 for these C7 power cords. Do yourself a favor and pick up one. It might be the best $199 you ever spent for either your picture quality or for your Home theatre Processor if it uses a C7 plug.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: Triode Wire Labs C7 Power Cord
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2012, 12:25 am »
Thanks, Bill! Glad you are enjoying them... I designed them with the Mac Mini in mind; however, they should work wonderfully with other sources, both audio & video that employ the C7 / C8 IECs.

You kind of let "the triode out of the bag" since I was planning to debut this new product line at the Capital Audiofest on July 13-15 and probably give a few cables away at their Raffle...see http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p826.html

Thanks again, Bill, for your kind comments!

Cheers,
Pete

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2012, 05:43 am »
Pete's cables are special.  I picked up a solid state integrated for my Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers (a Redgum RGi120 ENR) and dismissed the combination after a short period of time thinking it wasn't a great pairing with my speakers.

Three days ago I borrowed one of his 8 gauge cords for it in place of a far more expensive cord ($850) and sonuvagun!  I got more warmth, weight and tonal density.  I may end up preferring my SS summer amp to my full time tubes, thanks to Pete!

Great stuff buddy, if I ever go the macmini route, I'll be sure to check these out.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2012, 05:54 am »
I see Pete got a nice review of his power cords...here...  8)

ptmconsulting

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm »
What an awesome review! Nothing short of a rave, for sure (but then I already knew this because I own some of them).

Congrats Pete for well deserved recognition.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm »
Using Pete's cables is a no brainer in all honesty. I have the 7 gauge+ on my UberBuss, and the 10 gauge+ on my Katalyst Mini power supply. As I build more components, I'll be adding the appropriately sized TWL cord to it.

There is no risk. He'll take it back if you don't like it. I feel that the cost is a steal (compared to others that are 3 times more expensive) given the labor it takes, as the Positive Feedback review goes through in detail.

Congrats Piotr.

Anand.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2012, 01:49 pm »
  All of our demo systems are wired with TWL cords. We have chosen them for our showing at Capitol Audiofest. We liked them so much TWL will be sharing our room.
  We especially like them feeding the PIAudio Uberbuss and the Arion Amps. If ya can come hear them at the show.

charles

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2012, 02:35 pm »
I was fortunate to get Pete's TWL Seven Plus while it was on tour. ran it into my PS Audio Quintet, which has eveything but my amp plugged into it.

A truly amazing experience. :thumb:

I now have a Seven Plus for my Quintet and a Twelve Plus for my EE Minimax Dac.

I had been one of those 'power cords are just powercords, how can the last 5 feet of travel for the electricity make a difference' people.

Not anymore, TWL makes a great product.

RPM123

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jun 2012, 01:34 pm »
Check out the great review of Pete's cables on "Positive Feedback". Congrates Pete!  :thumb:

Glenn