What do you want done with your system after you pass?

BobM

Re: What do you want done with your system after you pass?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2010, 12:48 pm »
Probably the same thing that I will do with all of her piles of fabric for quilting, rug hooking supplies and craft boxes. I'll cry over them for some time, then ask her friends if they want to purchase some of it or help me sell it off. It's quite a collection.

I know my wife will probably talk to some audiophile buddies and ask them to help with the sell-off of my stuff too, hopefully after a sentimental period.

saisunil

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2010, 01:06 pm »
it is said that the best way to learn to live is by learning how to die ...

perhaps this question will make us think about what matters most of this hobby and make peace with people's preferences, opinions etc. So that we can do with our system and this hobby and the people in this community while we are alive -- that is right now ...

for me, that would mean settling down with the system and stop tinkering, tweaking and making more time to listen to music and let it transport me to help me connect within ...

perhaps, there will be a place where young people who are hungry for music will find these instruments (hardware, software) to help them take a flight into this musical journey ...

peace ...

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 30 Jun 2010, 01:33 pm »
In some cases perhaps your widow will use your system as bait to get a new husband. You may be working on building her a dowry.

AVnerdguy

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jun 2010, 03:34 pm »
Donating the whole thing to the Society For The Blind. If they want to use it great...if they want to sell it OK. My wife won't care because it's too much for her. She will get by with the smaller 2nd system.

casarman

« Reply #24 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:07 pm »
I don't care much now - I'm sure I'll care even less then. It's just stuff.
Agree, 100% It´s just stuff
Peace
Armando

MaxCast

« Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:15 pm »
Agree, 100% It´s just stuff
Peace
Armando
so is money, so make sure you leave that to MaxCast  :icon_lol:

werd

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:24 pm »
Probably the same thing that I will do with all of her piles of fabric for quilting, rug hooking supplies and craft boxes. I'll cry over them for some time, then ask her friends if they want to purchase some of it or help me sell it off. It's quite a collection.

I know my wife will probably talk to some audiophile buddies and ask them to help with the sell-off of my stuff too, hopefully after a sentimental period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHo-ivNqd4

Construct

« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:26 pm »
Have my cremated remains integrated into a a textured spray and applied as a finish for the speakers.

decal

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2010, 07:18 pm »
The dog gets it all.She's the only one that appreciates music!!

Don_S

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2010, 07:48 pm »
I have already received commitments from three audio buddies to help my sister sell my equipment.  I threatened to return from the grave and haunt her if anything sold for pennies at an estate sale.

I did not bother to price each unit since I expect to hang around a while and make changes but I did let her know the used (Audiogon) value of my system would be far enough into five figures to make it "interesting".

sts9fan

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jun 2010, 07:53 pm »
Don't care due to being dead and all...

Stu Pitt

« Reply #31 on: 4 Jul 2010, 01:52 am »
I've got far more important things to worry about if I kick the bucket unexpectedly...  Making sure my wife and children are taken care of.   Life's too short to worry about what'll happen to a stereo.   Maybe that goes against what this thread is all about.   I'm sure someone will use it.   They may not care about brand names, cables, etc. but there are a lot of people in my life that'll put it to good use.

My wife knows how important it is to me; I've got the utmost faith that she'll do the right thing. 

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #32 on: 4 Jul 2010, 02:06 am »
My plan is to disappear into some widerness at around 80 or so, and bones not found for a hundred years... (I used to think I could get eaten by polar bears like the granny in 'Nanook of the North" but the Polar bears will be extinct.)
My Lps will have a taker. the rest ??

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #33 on: 4 Jul 2010, 02:16 am »
If I know ahead of time I'm giving my JBL's to a friend.
If I don't my kids will get the stuff.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #34 on: 4 Jul 2010, 02:42 am »
Even though I'm only 34, I'm pretty sure my Bryston B60 integrated amp will out live me!

emac

« Reply #35 on: 4 Jul 2010, 03:58 am »
In a lot of ways a complete stranger could come to know me pretty well if s/he were to listen to my entire music collection, front to back.  In a rare 4 hour, uninterrupted listening session last night it occurred to me that the songs that I tend to listen to the most would tell you a lot about the way I feel and think about life and the universe.

That's a very interesting point.  May be should give out a burned CD (or whatever the preferred medium is at the time) of my all time favorite tracks at the funeral.