Vapor Nimbus Black

dex67

Vapor Nimbus Black
« on: 30 Jan 2017, 03:47 pm »
Hello all...I am looking to sell my Vapor Nimbus Black speakers...those are the biwire version and the very same ones that are on Pete's signature. My pair suffered a small mishap while being delivered (few scratches on the back of one speaker) and I had them wrapped in a carbon-fiber vinyl. The back of both speakers now matches the carbon fiber of their bases.
There is no point in telling you how fantastic these speakers sound. I wouldn't be selling them, but my personal situation is changing and I need something smaller to work in an apartment or townhouse. I'm located in central NJ and potential buyers can come and listen to these fantastic speakers. I'm looking to get $8k for the pair, but the buyer has to make all the shipping arrangements. These are heavy!!!
The Nimbus are currently in my listening room in the basement.  I've attached few speakers to show their condition.

Factorz

Re: Vapor Nimbus Black
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2017, 04:58 pm »
Just my .02, but these are some of the best speakers I have heard. The wrap gives them a really cool look. Good luck with the sale.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2017, 06:05 pm »
Boy, I sure wish I had a bigger room.

bajaed

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2017, 07:20 pm »
Awesome beautiful speakers. A steal at that price.

The wrap looks great. What color is the paint?

SlushPuppy

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2017, 07:33 pm »
That is a GREAT price! These should sell fast.

dex67

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2017, 07:56 pm »
thank you all for your nice words! as for the color of the speakers, i'll let Pete or Ed answer that...it's like a bordeaux/dark cherry color...

EdRo

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2017, 08:22 pm »
Those were a deep G.M. Merlot Red I believe. Those were my first set; I love those cabs!!!

Folsom

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2017, 08:45 pm »
I'd want them if it was an option for me atm!

dex67

« Reply #8 on: 3 Feb 2017, 06:28 pm »
any of you have friends looking to get a nice pair of speakers? :)...well, here is a pair!

2bigears

« Reply #9 on: 3 Feb 2017, 10:21 pm »
 :D beautiful speakers and your room looks amazing.... your going to miss them ,,,, :D

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #10 on: 7 Feb 2017, 12:40 am »
That was the pair that made their debut at THE Show Newport and absolutely blew away the crowd.

Dynamic, smooth, engaging, detailed, effortless, they pretty much have it all.  When Steve Nugent set up his measuring gear in the room to check for room modes, I was watching the display and could hardly believe my eyes.  Even in that tiny hotel room, the only deviation from ideal were modes at 40Hz and 80Hz.  The rest of the spectrum was textbook flat and smooth.  Steve commented that they presented him with the smoothest in-room response of any speaker he'd ever used with his incredible Empirical DAC, and he's used a lot of very highly respected speakers.

They'll run on everything from 9W SETs to 500W solid state depending on how much drywall cracking you want to endure.

dex67

« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2017, 04:07 pm »
thanx Pete for chiming in. now who wants this pair? you'll be more than happy with this fantastic speaker! :)

dex67

« Reply #12 on: 21 Feb 2017, 08:18 pm »
okay...price dropped to $7500...or any good offer...this is less than 50% of the cost of these amazing speakers...

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #13 on: 21 Feb 2017, 08:23 pm »
For such beautiful high-end speakers you should have some clearer, high resolutions photos.

dex67

« Reply #14 on: 2 Mar 2017, 03:17 pm »
anyone? make me an offer i can't refuse! :)

Carl V

« Reply #15 on: 2 Mar 2017, 11:23 pm »
Shipping is the hangup for some of us.
Good luck

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 3 Mar 2017, 12:41 am »
Shipping is the hangup for some of us.
Good luck

That's for sure.  It would be one thing if someone was within reasonable (a couple of hours) driving distance.

dex67

« Reply #17 on: 6 Mar 2017, 06:27 pm »
yeah, i totally get it...but there are shipping companies that can pack and ship those beauties...

dbx

« Reply #18 on: 30 Jun 2017, 04:42 pm »
Is this still available ?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jun 2017, 04:52 pm »
Is this still available ?

PM dex67.  I think they may still be available.

There's also a pair of silver white versions available from the owner in Michigan.